Player Watch Ash Johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

the VFL team should be used to develop our players so why drop him? Doesnt make sense to me. Really hope they trial him in defense, at least give it a go
I’d put him in the ruck

the VFL team should be used to develop our players so why drop him? Doesnt make sense to me. Really hope they trial him in defense, at least give it a go
Kicked 1 goal but done nothing else

Guess then Devlpoment more important than Winning

Kicked 1 goal but done nothing else

Guess then Devlpoment more important than Winning
That's the thing, winning isn't quite as important for us at VFL. Credit to Coburg, they played great and needed the win more than we did.

On Ash, 1 junk time goal isn't close to enough to demonstrate he's hungry to get back in the seniors. Well past the crossroads at this stage.

Needs to be closer to the footy, either in defence so he can be a bit more reactive or pinch-hitting in the ruck. Looks so deflated
Doesn't seem like he is interested in playing at all, i cannot picture him playing at afl level again. Bit sad really i had high hopes for Ash last year.

I wonder if AJ needs a couple weeks breather to go home to Halls Creek, reconnect with his family and friends.

Former First Nations players often talk about how hard it is reconnecting with Country during footy season.

Hope we strongly consider this because it seems obvious his confidence is rock bottom. Might just be the spark he needs.

Don't think his heart is really in Footy right now. Needs to have a sit down and work out if he really wants to commit to this opportunity or if he wants to go down another path.
Give it a rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a heck of a lot better idea than "give him a run in the ruck" Mr Robert Walls. His position is obviously not the problem, it's his head.
You haven’t got a clue what is in his head.
Stop pretending you do.

I’d put him in the ruck
Onya Wallsy! Today was confronting for AJ. He literally couldn’t get hear it in the first half whilst Farrant was everywhere early in his first game. I feel like it’s confidence, but at his age a period in the two’s is the place to find confidence. Maybe he needs a stint on the wing to get around the ball more and hitting bodies. Right now though Mihocek, Cox and McInnes could all go down and I wouldn’t be suggesting he’s in the frame…

Onya Wallsy! Today was confronting for AJ. He literally couldn’t get hear it in the first half whilst Farrant was everywhere early in his first game. I feel like it’s confidence, but at his age a period in the two’s is the place to find confidence. Maybe he needs a stint on the wing to get around the ball more and hitting bodies. Right now though Mihocek, Cox and McInnes could all go down and I wouldn’t be suggesting he’s in the frame…
I dont thinks he's got the gut running to play wing.

Giving him a run on the ball is much the same as playing him on the wing.

Get him more involved in the general play.

Your injury scenario is just silly.

No, I’m not. It’s Dr. Kappa making recommendations about his mental health.

You need to stop.
Stop insulting everyone. You’re a disgrace!! Did you go to the vfl??? Go and have a look before you go attacking people who saw the game. I was there. He’s not in it. He’s not this bad, there’s something more to it. Now grow up and speak to people with respect! You are so rude!!!

Stop insulting everyone. You’re a disgrace!! Did you go to the vfl??? Go and have a look before you go attacking people who saw the game. I was there. He’s not in it. He’s not this bad, there’s something more to it. Now grow up and speak to people with respect! You are so rude!!!
“Stop insulting everyone. You’re a disgrace!!”

Ironic

FFS, can some of you just back off. We know he’s playing badly, the club knows he’s playing badly, he knows he’s playing badly. I’m surprised he’s even still at the club after the abuse he copped - from so-called Collingwood supporters. Cowardly, pathetic idiots who’ve never played at his level, made the sacrifices he’s made, and then copped the horrific online abuse that he copped.

It’s affects people. It makes an impact on their lives. That’s where Ash is at. The club is trying to help him through this period, and getting him back into the seniors is probably the least of their concerns at this stage.

Some of you need to grow up and find some humanity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Ash Johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back