Ash

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep well done to Macca for his achievement. He's come a long way from his debut in 1991 and has played almost every position available and which needs filling. Lets hope he gets through this year without any injuries.

well done great player.

have always wondered why ash wasn't recruited to the saints via the father son rule. does the father son rule cover all wafl games as well so he could choose which club he could play for, or was it some type of concession to the eagles?

a lot of people rate his father john as one of the best players they have seen for the saints and could have been anything if it wasnt for injuries.

Congratulations to Ash! I'm amazed that he actually made it in all truth - thrilled that he did though
smile.gif

STL- I think that if an interstate players father played enough games for the son to be eligable for the Victorian club, then they are also eligable to play for the AFL club(s) in their dads state of origin. I guess they're assuming that if the Eagles or Dockers (for example) were around when John played, he'd have preferred to play for one of them. That's why Cousins had the choice of us, Freo or Geelong. I think you didn't get Ash just because he wanted to stay here! Im sure the Saints would've approached him though
smile.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Frodo:
Lewis
McKenna
Jakovich
Mainwaring
Worsfold
Matera
Kemp
oh....what wonderful memories there are for these players.

Originally posted by jod23:

Frodo, if i had one wish it would be to make them players 21 again ...... *sigh*

We would be a shoe in for the premiership.

Well Jod, there gone, they were good, but now I think is a really exciting time as we get to watch stars in the making, that are almost 21, and will be stars at 21. So who needs to wish for them back to 21 when we can watch youngsters develop and carry us to another dominant peiod!

------------------
If everybody is rowing the boat together then there's no body to rock it!
CARN THE 7TH WONDERS
CARN THE W C WARRIORS

Eagleskickass - as much as i love all of the youngster on todays team ... those guys mentioned above were the shit!!! But i cant reverse time so i will be happy to watch Gardy Cuz Morrison Kerr Wirrpunda and so forth wreak havoc on opposing teams for years to come
biggrin.gif

------------------
Use the force Luke ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Ash

Remove this Banner Ad

Back