Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know how sports historian Greg Blood got hold of them, but this is Gracenote's medal predictions for Oz by event

https://x.com/gregblood posted on July 23.

View attachment 2057923

Maybe you have to pay for the list. SMH article by Chip Le Grand yesterday also has the list.

I would be surprised if Australia didn’t win at least one gold medal in the rowing. Also I reckon Kaylee Mckewon is going to do something special in the 200m IM.

So did I. I'm no big rugby 7's fan but since I woke up about 2am (body & mind getting ready for next coupla weeks) I put the telly on.

The human interest clips were good during the lulls. But I don't want to see them 20 times over. And not when there are 30 live events happening.
Glad I have subscribed to Stan. I have worked out the days I need to se alarms from 3am onwards 🤣🤣

Totally agree with you. You can be first all through to the final and get super unlucky, somethings happens outside your control, and it’s over. I know, I know it’s the nature of sport, it created the Bradbury, but it is very harsh.
In the BMX final the start is crucial. Need to get the holeshot into the first corner otherwise you could end up getting into everyone else's mess. Very much cut-throat unlike the Semis where it's points over multiple races

I don't know how sports historian Greg Blood got hold of them, but this is Gracenote's medal predictions for Oz by event

https://x.com/gregblood posted on July 23.

View attachment 2057923

Maybe you have to pay for the list. SMH article by Chip Le Grand yesterday also has the list.

Interesting predictions. Swimming World magazine has done theirs and have the following predictions for the first night:

MENS 400 FREE
Gold: Sam Short
Bronze: Elijah Winnington

WOMENS 400 FREE
Gold: Ariarne Titmus

WOMENS 4X100 F RELAY
Gold: Australia

MENS 4x100 F RELAY
Bronze: Australia

Only difference to the two is that SW has Short for Gold and Gracenote Short for Silver. Would be interesting to see how it ends up but 3 gold and 2 bronze would be massive for the first night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be doing well to get Bronze in the 4 by 100 men

Chalmers aside it isn’t pretty after that, are we going to swim McEvoy?
Nah Bronze is around the mark.

Put this graphic and same calculation for the other 6 relay swims by SwimSwam in the swimming thread

Interesting predictions. Swimming World magazine has done theirs and have the following predictions for the first night:

MENS 400 FREE
Gold: Sam Short
Bronze: Elijah Winnington

WOMENS 400 FREE
Gold: Ariarne Titmus

WOMENS 4X100 F RELAY
Gold: Australia

MENS 4x100 F RELAY
Bronze: Australia

Only difference to the two is that SW has Short for Gold and Gracenote Short for Silver. Would be interesting to see how it ends up but 3 gold and 2 bronze would be massive for the first night.
Do you have a link to the Swimming World predictions.

I have put SwimSwam's prediction page link in the swimming thread. Last night they had done their predictions for 25 or 26 of the 35 events.

Will be interesting to compare the 2 then do a review how well eaxh did after the swimming has finished.

Do you have a link to the Swimming World predictions.

I have put SwimSwam's prediction page link in the swimming thread. Last night they had done their predictions for 25 or 26 of the 35 events.

Will be interesting to compare the 2 then do a review how well eaxh did after the swimming has finished.
No problem. Here's a link to Swimming World predictions for Day 6 with links on the page for all the previous days:

https://www.swimmingworldmagazine.c...phy-mcintosh-smith-among-gold-medal-matchups/

Would be good to see the difference in predictions - I'm just posting via my phone so hard to do a side by side comparison on my device.
Interesting too that SW doesn't have ZSC as a medallist in the 200 breast.

Does it really matter honestly? Coaches coach a number of swimmers this isn’t new lol
Different if you weren’t an Australian coach. But not all of the Australian swimmers coaches are actually a part of the national coaching panel in Paris, so it ain’t the same and hence he should be stood down and sent home.

Last edited:
Different if you weren’t an Australian coach. But not all of the Australian swimmers coaches are actually a part of the national coaching panel in Paris, so it ain’t the same and hence he should be stood down and sent home.

It won’t matter they are going to be in the pool together. Not as if they are being coached much at this late stage it’s a non issue

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

Back