Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Plapp's injury when he crashed in the time trial appears to have been pretty bad and was rushed in for surgery and might be why they didn't report what had happened to him for a long time.

Aussie Olympic cyclist Luke Plapp is in a “stable condition”, according to the Australian Olympic Committee, after crashing out of the men’s time trial on Sunday morning (AEST).

He required abdominal surgery and remains in hospital recovering alongside family.

In wet conditions that made racing terribly difficult and dangerous, the 23-year-old had made a promising start to the race, but came off his bike and crashed into the ground after the 13.1km checkpoint. He had set the fourth-fastest time up until that point.

Unsettling footage of the injured cyclist was posted on social media as he struggled to get back to his feet immediately after the crash. So jarring was the video, some were asking it not to be shared.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WAtching on Stan. Nicole Livingstone is a brilliant caller. Love her.
Watched the replays on Stan last 30 minutes and Nicole Livingstone was indeed her usual knowledgeable and excellent self.

Can't stand the yank. He's so laboured, but he isn't as biased as Mat Thompson on 9.

Watched the replays on Stan last 30 minutes and Nicole Livingstone was indeed her usual knowledgeable and excellent self.

Can't stand the yank. He's so laboured, but he isn't as biased as Mat Thompson on 9.
Hey I saw you post a few days ago that Thorpey wasn’t in Paris but back in a studio.

He said last night about the extra security they had to go through in the stadium last night, so looks like he got his trip.

Nicole keeps him in check pretty well.😄

She's had tons of experience doing that.

She used to have to correct 'Rabs' whenever he said something stupid or wrong (which was about every two minutes)...
Ir's a nice B plot to the main event.😛

I don’t mind him.
He seems to know his stuff (to my uneducated ears anyway). He’s the one that called it when Winnington made his move.
The accent is grating though.

I don’t mind him.
He seems to know his stuff (to my uneducated ears anyway). He’s the one that called it when Winnington made his move.
The accent is grating though.
The bold bit, I think that's what I mean about him being so laboured.

Definitely knows his swimming, especially compared to Mat Thompson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

Back