Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

A question for RussellEbertHandball how many times has Australia claimed 3 individual gold on a single day at the Olympics?
On the first day when we won 3 - 2 swimming and Grace Brown on the road time trial, Eddie said we had won 4 on think it was day 5 in Tokyo. May have been 1 other time in Athens as the track cycling was on at same times as the swimming and we might have won 3 as we won 7 in swimming and 6 in cycling.

This is the first time we have won a gold medal on each of the first 7 days. Think that record was first 4 days.

I have some stuff from Tokyo and will check it later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saya starring in the remake of BMX F***ing Bandits.

DVD-0454-1__94017.1429078866.jpg

That one won't be rated PG for mild coarse language.

pepsi don't need my notes when wiki does it.

Day 5 Tokyo was 3, Day 9 was 4, reckon it might have been 2 rowing and 2 sailing on that day.

Nope Day 5 was Men's and Women's Coxless 4's and Titmus in 200m
Day 9 Last day of swimming because yanks/NBC made the finals in the morning so Mckeon 50m Free, Women's 4x100m medley, Matt Wearn Sailing and Logan Martin in BMX freestyle.

Medals by date
Total1772246
Date
1st place, gold medalist(s)
2nd place, silver medalist(s)
3rd place, bronze medalist(s)
Total
24 July0000
25 July1113
26 July1023
27 July1023
28 July3047
29 July2114
30 July1012
31 July1135
1 August4004
2 August0112
3 August0000
4 August1023
5 August2125
6 August0123
7 August0112
8 August0000

Athens was day 8, last day of swimming Rowing Men's pair's Tomkins and Ginn, Hackett 1500m, and women's 4x100m medley relay.

On the first day when we won 3 - 2 swimming and Grace Brown on the road time trial, Eddie said we had won 4 on think it was day 5 in Tokyo. May have been 1 other time in Athens as the track cycling was on at same times as the swimming and we might have won 3 as we won 7 in swimming and 6 in cycling.

This is the first time we have won a gold medal on each of the first 7 days. Think that record was first 4 days.

I have some stuff from Tokyo and will check it later.
Does that mean we're ahead of Sydney , Athens and Tokyo at the same stage in terms of gold?

There was no BMX racing back in Sydney and Athens.

From memory it only came in for Beijing back in 2008.

I remember thinking BMX in the Olympics, this is crazy.

Now it's a traditional Olympic sport compared to skateboarding and breakdancing.

Am I correct that we should be through to the semis of the W 3x3 basketball if we beat last placed France? Top 2 (Germany and Spain) play each other in the last game, and we have scored more points than both. Not sure if the tiebreaker is done on point differential or points scored though.

Edit - just read the rules. Tiebreaker is done via H2H. So I think we are still fine - if Germany beats Spain, we’re through because we have more wins than Spain, and if Spain beats Germany, we’re through on H2H as we beat Germany (assuming we beat France).

What a morning.

My wife was part of Saya's brother's rehab journey when he was in hospital - and knowing what that family had to go through the last few years has been so terrible - so glad that the family have something to celebrate.

There was no BMX racing back in Sydney and Athens.

From memory it only came in for Beijing back in 2008.

I remember thinking BMX in the Olympics, this is crazy.

Now it's a traditional Olympic sport compared to skateboarding and breakdancing.
I'll never accept skateboarding or breakdancing as Olympic sports.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

Back