Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

These aren't chokes. We were expected to struggle in the quarter finals in the Hockey.

Ah no we are the world number 4 they are the number 8 we should have beaten them.

Maybe struggle in the Semis but we should have won here.

This is just another in a long litany of Australian team sports to crap the bed when it matters.

These aren't chokes. We were expected to struggle in the quarter finals in the Hockey.
You must be new around here. Every time we lose it's because we choked. When the Boomers lost to f*king Team USA last Olympics, there were people giving them shit for it.

Why haven’t Hockey Australia got our own Alyson Annon to coach us?? Instead wherever she goes success follows her.
Could be a money thing

Girls were talked after some atrocious umpiring.

I can see the red mark on that Chinese though from here. I can't understand why that goal was not overturned but the high stick pc was.

Shambolic umpiring one again in international hockey.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Realistic medal chances left: Matt Wearn in the Sailing, Laser class
Kurtis Marschall and Nina Kennedy, Pole Vault
Matt Denny, Discus
Clancy and Del Solar, beach volleyball
Both Water Polo teams
Noemie Fox, kayak cross
Basketball teams could pinch a bronze but its unlikely

Who am I missing?

Should at least be beating China. If it was to the Netherlands or Belgium, a bit more understandable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing how much we have dropped off in Hockey given its one of our more popular played sports here. Not surprised given we have been tactically poor when attacking, and hang on to old players to long. Mens team were slow as defensively. Time for new coaches and a fresh generation with an eye on Brisbane.

Rowing used to be a strong point as well. As did mens swimming. Shame we have dropped off in both of those as well.

Hopefully we are still strong on the velodrome.

You must be new around here. Every time we lose it's because we choked. When the Boomers lost to f*king Team USA last Olympics, there were people giving them shit for it.

Could be a money thing
Then what do you call the undefeated number 4 team in the world losing to the 2-3 number 8?

Matt Denny, Discus
Both Water Polo teams
Noemie Fox, kayak cross

Who am I missing?
Rousseau 10m Platform
Matthew Richardson in the individual sprint (cycling)
Mackenzie Little Javelin
Robinson in the surfing
The 2 boxers - already guaranteed bronze but could go better
Kayak Men's sprint K2 and K1
Arisa Trew in the women's park skateboarding

Could get more in cycling as there was a significant fall from grace in Tokyo, much associated with the previous head coach. Cycling Australia has done significant work in the management space, which will hopefully see some improvement.

Matt Denny, Discus
Both Water Polo teams
Noemie Fox, kayak cross

Who am I missing?

Boxing
Surfing
Trap shooting

Matt Denny, Discus
Both Water Polo teams
Noemie Fox, kayak cross

Who am I missing?

We usually have a weird one don’t we have anyone in the velodrome?

Then what do you call the undefeated number 4 team in the world losing to the 2-3 number 8?

They are all so close in hockey. You have to take your chances. These penalty corners were farcical, whether their one slightly touched the leg is irrelevant we had how many chances and literally barely got a shot on target

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

Back