Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

I just knew when Jess was asked 'what does this mean for your family?' she was gonna say 'Poor Dad'.

He deserves an Olympic medal for being so cool during commentary.
He does own 10 world championship gold medals.

Great to hear an Aussie accent on the stadium announcer doing the English translation, when an Aussie wins in Paris.

The list of siblings to both win Gold Medals for Australia

John & Tom Anderson in Sailing in 1972

Lee & Michelle Capes were on the '88 Hockeyroos

Cate & Bronte Campbell

Jess & Noemie are the first to both win individual Gold Medals

I was about to pre-emptively list the Konrads but Ilsa only won a Silver

Last edited:
Also with that we just passed the French back to 3rd on the medal tally.

You know it’s these unexpected golds that are the best. The ones you don’t see coming.

One I remember from Rio was that Chloe Esposito pentathlon gold. One of my favorite ever Olympic moments.

Simon Fairweather is my favourite one Archery gold in Sydney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The list of siblings to both win Gold Medals for Australia

Roycroft Family in equestrian also won a bunch of medals back in the day but not too many together and no shared Gold I reckon.

Fox family could replace them in generational-medals if the ladies get clucky anytime soon.

Two other things after watching the replay. French crowd going ballistic even after Fox crossed the line as their French girl moved into second and won the silver medal. Sound was awesome.

Then Woods after finishing last noticed that Fox had won, and her reaction indicated she was ecstatic about that and made her way over to Fox giving her a huge hug. They must be great friends.

**** it give her the flag at the closing ceremony.
I thought that briefly before - but surely (at this stage) it has to be Kaylee.

Never missed a medal in every Olympic event she has contested. Yes - Noemie is the same, but Kayle has 7 medals & 4 individual Gold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

Back