Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok tomorrow Wednesday it is going to be a big day.

Edit Tomorrow is men's Team Sprint not Team Pursuit.

I love the teams pursuit. Was mesmerised as a kid watching the synchronicity of the riders and shooting up off the front up the track and to the back of the team,

Get that right and its poetry in motion. But not only that, get it world class and it sets up your whole male track program. Same for the women and their 3000m team pursuit event.

Edit forgot the women changed to 4000m a couple of Olympics ago.

Last edited:
The velodrome crew already surpassing anything they did in Tokyo

Which isn't that hard considering this happened
View attachment 2070064

I was in the spinal unit of the PAH (Brisbane) when this was on. IIRC this was on in the evening and I got told off for groaning watching it fall apart live.

I don't follow cycling as much as I once did but I thought I'd read the women's team was our best chance for track gold in Paris.

This is true. We were borderline to qualify for a chance. The lads are already surpassing expectations. Now they can give it their best and won't die wondering unlike Tokyo.

Richard Fox barely raised his voice during either of Jessica’s gold medal runs.

Yet during Noemie’s win he went off his tree.

You can tell who his favourite daughter is…..

Doubt the Italians mess up like that again but great result
Hopefully Ganna drops them again
Australia did the same as both Italy and Denmark and dropped a rider with 1500m left. But they actually held it together and it wasnt to their detriment and pushed on to post a great time.

Going by the swimming there seems to be an outbreak of Covid hitting the athletes, wonder if its affecting some of the cyclists too.

I dont know who the female commentator is, but she did my head in. Always saying the same thing every lap about every team. “They’re going great”. But the humdinger was “there’s rumours that Italy and Denmark are eyeing off a sub 3.40 time” which would have meant breaking the world record by over 2 seconds.

Australia did the same as both Italy and Denmark and dropped a rider with 1500m left. But they actually held it together and it wasnt to their detriment and pushed on to post a great time.

Going by the swimming there seems to be an outbreak of Covid hitting the athletes, wonder if its affecting some of the cyclists too.

I dont know who the female commentator is, but she did my head in. Always saying the same thing every lap about every team. “They’re going great”. But the humdinger was “there’s rumours that Italy and Denmark are eyeing off a sub 3.40 time” which would have meant breaking the world record by over 2 seconds.
Dropping one rider after they empty the tank is part of the strategy. Italians had to slow down late to because their 3rd rider was being dropped due to a messed up changeover.
I do think if Italy gets it right they'll be very tough to beat

"They're flying, they're really flying, this lap, they are flying"
Season 6 Headphones GIF by Parks and Recreation

She's absolutely shocking. One of the least polished commentators ever.

You know you have done something special when the President of the Paris OCOG tweets about you and gives you a hug.

Tony Estanguet was a three time C-1 gold medallist winning over 12 years in 2000, 2004 and 2012.

Translation - First finals in the history of kayak cross and first medal for the Blues
Bravo Angèle and of course hats off to Noémie Fox who completes the family collection
To all the slalomers, see you in 4 years!

Richard Fox barely raised his voice during either of Jessica’s gold medal runs.

Yet during Noemie’s win he went off his tree.

You can tell who his favourite daughter is…..
I just think Noemie was a massive surprise (but a good one) - was great for someone who must have felt she has always been in her sister's shadow

her punishment for winning was she had to be interviewed by Eddie McGuire

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brilliant win by Noemi🥇:D

And you dicks on Stan commentary...it's NO-em -i! And NOT NA-omi ffs. :rolleyes: you have one job. Get it right.:huh:

Well done Kurt M. The Swede was sensational. There's been no commentary at all to go with the field events. It's kimd of nice but very poor service from Stan.

Surfing final 10:16am which means sneaking off somewhere at work to watch.😛
Tonite will hopefully see Mens Dinghy final at last.

Last edited:
I just think Noemie was a massive surprise (but a good one) - was great for someone who must have felt she has always been in her sister's shadow

her punishment for winning was she had to be interviewed by Eddie McGuire

Well just be thankful it wasn’t Chompers

The 4000m team pursuit in LA, when US revealed to the world their NASA designed carbon fibre wheels and streamlined helmets and won just about everything on the track, but that original awesome foursome of Grenda, Nichols, Woods, and Turtur knocked them off is another highly unexpected gold medal that stays in the heart, but this is right up there.

And guess what, I flick on TV and 4000m team pursuit qualifying round is on the box.

The other one that comes to mind myself was Anna Meares winning her gold in the sprint I remember being so nervous for that event for her

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

Back