Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

Tell us you don’t know anything about Australian Olympic history

When I got into the Olympics for the first time - aged 12 - I soon knew the names of every Australian gold medallist ever.

I was Captain of our school's 'It's Academic' team and our cheer-squad in the TV audience said they noticed me crack a big smile as Sandy Roberts asked 'Where were the first Oly...." and I smashed the buzzer. lol

When I got into the Olympics for the first time - aged 12 - I soon knew the names of every Australian gold medallist ever.

I was Captain of our school's 'It's Academic' team and our cheer-squad in the TV audience said they noticed me crack a big smile as Sandy Roberts asked 'Where were the first Oly...." and I smashed the buzzer. lol
What dean lukin did is folklore

No restarts and a shortened event window hurt then, not sure why it had to wrap up today. They took a gamble that it would be double overhead and an epic spectacle but it didn’t pay off. The beach breaks in the south would have been more predictable but c’est la vie.

And you’re right about August here, I’m assuming it will be at Snapper but hopefully that can be flexible and move it to Duranbah if needed.
Judging by the forecast, wind turns way onshore after today. This was going to be the best conditions left in the comp window.

Yeah, I get why they went the way they did. The beach breaks at Tsurigasaki in 2021 weren't that memoerable. But they did have a larger window, I'm not sure why they went away from that this time.

I had a few of the Wallechinsky books REH references as well as a few Aussie Gold books etc

Like some here I did handwritten pages and pages of times and splits with OR and WR in every event I could watch

From Bill Roycroft to Gillian Rowlton and their connection

Peter Norman to Rick Mitchell

I may not know everyone today but I know most from 1968 onwards

Judging by the forecast, wind turns way onshore after today. This was going to be the best conditions left in the comp window.

Yeah, I get why they went the way they did. The beach breaks at Tsurigasaki in 2021 weren't that memoerable. But they did have a larger window, I'm not sure why they went away from that this time.
They probably couldn’t have moved it to another beach like they would normally do on the tour

And, unfortunately they finish 3rd. Top 2 in the heat progress straight to the semi finals, with the remainder to the quarter finals.

They'll go again in the quarters, then.
They went into energy preservation mode in the final 50m. Thought they looked pretty good. Spain and Germany just that bit too good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They went into energy preservation mode in the final 50m. Thought they looked pretty good. Spain and Germany just that bit too good.

Yeah, they weren't catching the top 2 who were flying. Smart to conserve some energy, but I don't know the strength of the field they'll be up against.

Australian women up in heat 2 shortly.

Hall another one of our runners who did too much work early.

Be interested to know why she chose to lead the race. Someone's gotta do it but when times aren't relevant you'd think the best strategy is stick with the pack and leave some energy for a burst at the end.

Good by Jess but did ch 9 just choose some Dutch equestrian rider and diving over Hull?
Wtf, I had the app but really???

Now a replay of surfing without waves.

Got to see the horsies though

I am watching the volleyball

Hall another one of our runners who did too much work early.

Linden was NEVER likely to beat the top 4. She had to try something to try to run the legs off her opposition for the final two spots. Sadly it wasn't to be.

She doesn't have the greatest kick against top-level runners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

Back