Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

Poms are still the team to beat. We might have broken the WR but their team is stronger than ours.

The times suggest otherwise. I doubt GB has left something up their sleeve for the final, otherwise they would have risked not making it in the first place. Although I guess we could go backwards from the WR.

The times suggest otherwise. I doubt GB has left something up their sleeve for the final, otherwise they would have risked not making it in the first place. Although I guess we could go backwards from the WR.
They got through comfortably enough. They probably didn't expect us to break the WR but they have something left to give I'm sure

Have to like Arisa's response when Eddie asked if her mum and dad had promised her anything she wanted if she won
the Gold Medal.

"Yeah. A pet duck".

Bravo Arisa.

Have to like Arisa's response when Eddie asked if her mum and dad had promised her anything she wanted if she won
the Gold Medal.

"Yeah. A pet duck".

Bravo Arisa.

And she can lean on Bart Simpson as inpiration to help her get the duck she deserves!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Race walking relay has started. A new event in Paris replacing the 50km individual walk.

Australia has 2 teams in this one - Tingay/Henderson and Cowley/Montag.

Haven't looked at the teams that other countries have entered into this, but Cowley and Montag could be a chance at a medal. A Tingay/Montag team certainly would be. Sadly, Bec Henderson is nowhere near good enough for her duo to be a medal chance in this one.

"Instead of showing a live event AUS are medal possibilities in, let's show some events we have already replayed 10 times today"

Is that muppet Dylan directing as well as talking nonsense?

lol - Ch9 promos...

"I finished 4th in Tokyo so look out Paris"

Only someone who hasn't followed athletics in 3 years might dream Bol could even make the Paris final, let alone get anywhere near a medal. Same probably with Joe Deng.

Which state has produced most gold medallist so far? My guess off the top of my head is Queensland with bulk of swimmers plus Saya and Arisa.

Why are yanks so insecure about Australia? The have retaken the lead on the medal tally, and almost every thread on social media about it. There are a few taking pot shots at Australia. America is good because they have a massive population, and put big money and resources into their athletes. And have elite programs from high school level onward.

If we had anywhere near their population and resources, we'd be smoking them.

A chunk of 'Qld swimmers' aren't from Qld - they just train up there cos the weather is better (for some other sports besides swimming too).
I think it is the same for a few sports. Some of the elite sports have "home facilities" in varying states, in which the athletes spend the most of their time training at. Easier to have resources at one elite facility location, compared to scattering them randomly about all states.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

Back