Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

Bailey Lewis starting as slight favourite against Niger's Nouradine Issaka Garba at 6:35 AEDT. Win and he'll get a repechage place at a minimum but likely to face Mohamed Jendoubi, who is arguably the best in the world right now. Across all weight divisions.

Tournament starts in 3 minutes. Can't wait!

lol - Ch9 promos...

"I finished 4th in Tokyo so look out Paris"

Only someone who hasn't followed athletics in 3 years might dream Bol could even make the Paris final, let alone get anywhere near a medal. Same probably with Joe Deng.
What do you expect the promo to be honestly? I’m Peter Bol, forget about me, I’m no chance?

You act like you’re an expert but say ‘same probably’ with Deng.
Ch 9 would know Bol is not a realistic chance.

Why are yanks so insecure about Australia? The have retaken the lead on the medal tally, and almost every thread on social media about it. There are a few taking pot shots at Australia. America is good because they have a massive population, and put big money and resources into their athletes. And have elite programs from high school level onward.

If we had anywhere near their population and resources, we'd be smoking them.
Is this really true though? It seems we focus on them.
Surely they barely know who we are?

Well why didn't they pair it that way then?

Don't know but on what I'm seeing it wouldn't have mattered. Both men have struggled.

Rhydian is hanging in there in 4th but he's losing ground on 3rd who is losing ground on 2nd. He looked terrible so I wonder if he's injured.

It'll be a big ask of Jemima but she's good enough to close in on the field.

Probably cos I've been seriously following the sport for many, many years. And some of my research was published in the official history of athletics in Australia.

So, not just a keyboard expert who tunes in every four years.
Well you'll probably need the aussie olympics professional watchers thread then . It's around here somewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably cos I've been seriously following the sport for many, many years. And some of my research was published in the official history of athletics in Australia.

So, not just a keyboard expert who tunes in every four years.

Barely even been fit hasn’t he? Be a miracle if he’s near the final at least on some form of times, had a quick look earlier, if he makes it he’s done well

Walking hard to watch .
They look like numpty-s..
Walking GIF
kath GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

Back