Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

why does Keegan have a US accent??
It happens more often than you realize with people who relocate and live there for a few years. You end up talking like them, and pronouncing everything the same way they do. You don't even do it on purpose, it just happens.

It happens more often than you realize with people who relocate and live there for a few years. You end up talking like them, and pronouncing everything the same way they do. You don't even do it on purpose, it just happens.
I've been to the US about 15 times - was worried my son would pick it up, but thankfully didn't

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully the Australia v Great Britain final is a better contest than the Italy v Demark final.

I lived there for about a year and started to pronounce words the same as them just to make it easier for them to understand.

I lived there for about a year and started to pronounce words the same as them just to make it easier for them to understand.
yes, that's exactly how is happens - I could not get any of them to understand me when I said I was "looking for the ice skating rink"

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

Back