Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok I’m going to list somewhat realistic gold chances remaining - telll me if I’ve missed anything:

• Women’s Javelin (Little / Mitchell)
  • Women’s 1500 (Hull)
  • Men’s K4
  • Men’s K2
  • Men’s Sprint
  • Women’s Madison
  • Women’s beach volleyball
  • Boxing men’s 57kg
  • Boxing women’s 75kg
  • Stingers
  • Opals
  • Women’s golf (Minjee)

Other somewhat realistic medal shots

• Women’s 10k open water (Johnson, Gubecka)
  • Men’s 10 k open water (Sloman)
  • Taekwondo men’s 80 kg
  • Mens omnium
  • Men’s K1 500
Tom Green in men’s k1 1000m

Be nice to get 20 golds that's a nice round number but is there 2 realistic chances and don't say the Opals who will be trounced by the US in all likelihood.

Tom Green i've heard is one and the K2 500 duo.

Richardson in the sprint and the Keiran (he does both)

Womens waterpolo is some chance this is a horror draw in a semi though

Be nice to get 20 golds that's a nice round number but is there 2 realistic chances and don't say the Opals who will be trounced by the US in all likelihood.

Tom Green i've heard is one and the K2 500 duo.

Richardson in the sprint and the Keiran (he does both)

Womens waterpolo is some chance this is a horror draw in a semi though
Womens volleyball tomorrow morning SF. Won silver in Tokyo, playing really well.

Updated state breakdown of gold medallist
Nina Kennedy and Matt Wearn WA
Keegan Palmer California😂
Men's pursuit???

It'll be a struggle tomorrow too.... boxing, water polo, track cycling overnight

When is the cycling realistic chances? I'll watch that and the waterpolo, I can't say I'll watch boxing, it's a sport I don't like much at all appreciate the athletes though and I hope we do get a high medal

Updated state breakdown of gold medallist
Nina Kennedy and Matt Wearn WA
Keegan Palmer California😂
Men's pursuit???
Kell O'Brien Victorian, Sam Welsford WA, Ollie Bleddyn WA, Connor Leahy WA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

25 gold should be out goal for Brissy

Possibly a lot has to go right considering in all likelihood unless there's some superstar like Sally Pearson to win one on the track. Would need to get a few from our teams (talking at least 2 or so). Put in a few events we should be good in lol, go the rugby league for the lols, hey LA put in flag football! Feel to get mid 20's we'd have to do a lot better in rowing where there's plenty of medals available.

Possibly a lot has to go right considering in all likelihood unless there's some superstar like Sally Pearson to win one on the track. Would need to get a few from our teams (talking at least 2 or so). Put in a few events we should be good in lol, go the rugby league for the lols, hey LA put in flag football! Feel to get mid 20's we'd have to do a lot better in rowing where there's plenty of medals available.
Yeah 25 is very optimistic. Maybe we can introduce AFL and League mens and womens 😆

Only chance of 25 is if we suddenly get super dominant in cycling and/or become a weightlifting powerhouse!

Yeah 25 is very optimistic. Maybe we can introduce AFL and League mens and womens 😆

Only chance of 25 is if we suddenly get super dominant in cycling and/or become a weightlifting powerhouse!

25 is a chance when you can get a few weird ones, in sydney you had the archery gold to Simon Fairweather. You'd need to pick up a few of those because we aren't winning any on the track, we aren't all of a sudden going to win sprints, and distance races. We'd need to do really well in rowing and we did in Sydney from vague memory so it's possible. The one thing I'll say is we can VASTLY improve our medley relays in the swimming (we've just signed Adam Peaty's coach to help in the one stroke we are putrid at breaststroke)

It appears he was trying a little too hard and just came out of his saddle and almost lost control of his bike.

This is from the BBC website.

I've always found the Team's pursuit to be one of the most exciting and skillful races at the Olympics, to stay that close to your teammates while travelling at those speeds (65/70kmph) requires amazing levels of fitness and bravery.
Him saying that he was feeling weak probably shows that Australia would have won anyhow without the mishap.

Aussies were .168 up at 3750m and that mishap happened right before the 3875m mark where the clock showed the Aussies were .25 up (the only difference being him the leading rider falling back to the 2nd/3rd bike position on the outside at that time check).

Well done to Nina also. She would now be off Chompers Christmas card list after that interview.

Also l noticed in that pole vault comp, the athletes were sitting around looking bored waiting for the comp to finish even aftet they were bundled out. Is that the norm where they are made to stay until its over or is it voluntary?

Also l noticed in that pole vault comp, the athletes were sitting around looking bored waiting for the comp to finish even aftet they were bundled out. Is that the norm where they are made to stay until its over or is it voluntary?

Pretty common in most of the field events, pretty sure most of the men did the same when the WR was broken. This 20 competititors in a final seems overkill, go back to 12 next Games.

It's possible if you adopt the Chinese approach of targeting less competitive sports that tend to offer a variety of medal options eg you can only win two medals in volleyball, but in shooting, badminton and table tennis there are plenty on offer.

Feels like if the rowing can get their s*** together we're a shot at 20+ in LA and more in Brisbane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

Back