Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah should of gone with the younger Weightman over the 47 yr old Diver .....though in all honesty Weightman is 45 yrs old from memory and would of cramped most likely at the 5 km mark

I thought the controversy was Weightman versus Stenson because Weightman had the 3rd best time and Stenson had the 5th best. Diver at least had the fastest qualifying time (might have been years ago though). In the end the selectors got it right with Stenson at least.

In the end the selectors got it right with Stenson
One of the factors in the selection of Jess was that she is good on hilly courses. Plus winning Commonwealth Gold.

Most fast marathon races come on very flat courses and aided by pace-makers.

I thought the controversy was Weightman versus Stenson because Weightman had the 3rd best time and Stenson had the 5th best. Diver at least had the fastest qualifying time (might have been years ago though). In the end the selectors got it right with Stenson at least.
Yes agree, was just a tongue in cheek remark at the selectors thought process......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the rules in that Ominuim thing
It’s kind of like a Decathlon/Heptathlon for Track Cycling. There are four races a Scratch Race, a Tempo Race an Elimination Race and a Points race. You get points based on your results in each. The one with the most points (or least points depending on whether they are counting up or down) wins.

It’s kind of like a Decathlon/Heptathlon for Track Cycling. There are four races a Scratch Race, a Tempo Race an Elimination Race and a Points race. You get points based on your results in each. The one with the most points (or least points depending on whether they are counting up or down) wins.

Perfect thanks the only one I had no idea about. Clears it up cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

Back