Aussies Abroad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Football is way more even around the world now. Having a cohesive squad is far more important than a few players in the ‘big 5’.

The depth in the squad has definitely improved in recent years. There are a lot more players in Europe, both England and the continent, than we have had recently. I think the weight of numbers will translate to a stronger squad although there will be some attrition along the way.

Mohamed Toure has left Reims and joined Randers in Denmark on a 4 year deal. That's a good move which should earn him game time.

Tyrese Francois has joined Wigan Athletic in League One. He had a great loan year in Denmark from Fulham and has returned to England.

Mat Ryan has officially joined Roma.

So Matt Ryan to Roma FC.... whats the chances of him being no 1 GK?

Ryan will start as number two. But Roma's number one is young and inexperienced. As are their other keepers. If the young starting keeper isn't performing I reckon they'll go with Ryan. Even if he stays number two Ryan will get games because Roma play a lot of games between domestic comp and European football.

Ryan will start as number two. But Roma's number one is young and inexperienced. As are their other keepers. If the young starting keeper isn't performing I reckon they'll go with Ryan. Even if he stays number two Ryan will get games because Roma play a lot of games between domestic comp and European football.
Can understand what you mean... just not sure if it's a good thing tbh.. id rather stick were he was at AZ and get plenty of game time... plus it's still a good standard

Can understand what you mean... just not sure if it's a good thing tbh.. id rather stick were he was at AZ and get plenty of game time... plus it's still a good standard

Word was AZ wanted to make Ryan second choice this season. They had a young keeper they wanted to promote. Weird because he was rated the best keeper in the Eredivisie last season.

I'm in two minds about this move. It's genius if he wrestles a starting position. It's disappointing if he doesn't. I don't think he's without a chance there at all though it'll be a fight.

Word was AZ wanted to make Ryan second choice this season. They had a young keeper they wanted to promote. Weird because he was rated the best keeper in the Eredivisie last season.

I'm in two minds about this move. It's genius if he wrestles a starting position. It's disappointing if he doesn't. I don't think he's without a chance there at all though it'll be a fight.
Fair call if that's all true

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which son? The one who was at Brisbane Roar?

Shae. I don't know which one was at Brisbane. A lot of people are saying he only got signed because of his old man. Apparently he spent last season in the NPL and could barely get a game at a lower table club.

Brighton did the same, #2 at Arsenal, failed at valencia. Becoming #2 at AZ. Maybe he's just not that good

Ryan was ranked as the best keeper in the Eredivisie last year. He finished as the number #1 and they'd offered a new contract. But I had read they'd wanted to promote a new keeper. Ryan's a good keeper but not perfect.

Patrick Yazbek has transferred from Viking FK in Norway to Nashville SC in the MLS.

Mat Ryan played the second half for Roma in a friendly and was the better keeper from reports.

Garang Kuol is with the Newcastle squad for their preseason friendlies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussies Abroad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back