Australia v New Zealand 2nd Test at the MCG December 26-30

Remove this Banner Ad

NZ biggest problem right now is spin. You need someone to be able to bowl long sessions and hold up and end at minimum damage to be able to rotate quicks effectively. Santer isn't that and NZ quicks have been run into the ground for it.

I think the idea is that Santner probably won't take many wickets, but should be economical (less than 3 an over) . He's just bowled expensive fluff though.

Not sure that defensive left-arm spinners have all that much use in the long form on Australian pitches. Need to have some attacking impetus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kiwis defensive batting has been their undoing
Not even giving the bowlers something to think about, yeh bowling has been great but batting for survival eventually gets you out

If you can mount an argument to say NZ - santner aside who has been utter junk - have actually been poor with the ball, I’d be interested to hear it.

It does Australia a disservice with the bat to suggest it. They’ve been disciplined and patient and have batted intelligently against generally accurate and patient bowling

Australia have been slow because NZ for the most part (Wagner at least has given it a crack) have been bowling defensive dribble. You may find that respectable but it's just trash that they need to serve up because they can't take wickets. Each to their own I guess but I for one am not a fan of mediocrity which is what NZ are at best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia v New Zealand 2nd Test at the MCG December 26-30

Remove this Banner Ad

Back