Australian cheating at Newlands, where to from here?

Remove this Banner Ad

well obviously dropping on their knees and declaring their devotion to team and the australian public is the right thing to do.

IMO it is all about not being disingenuous and saying all the right things and then gathering for an all out attack when
they come back. not that this is what they will do but well it is always easy to say one thing and then somehow
not quite doing it all for the team.

I must say that in one sense it was all overrated the reaction and yet these things are immeasurable.

"nah it was all a mistake but we are all going to get on board and carry each other along in the right way so that we all
start winning again"

high stakes lads and it will take a lot longer to have you stand for us in the baggy green again..

Something tells me they resorted to cheating as a team after having a bad stretch which comprised of losses in the Ashes tour , being swept in Sri Lanka and losing at home to South Africa. I think the cheating system made it debut on the last India tour .

I actually really like what he has said. To have blokes like Prior coming out and saying the things he has when he has demonstrated questionable behaviour in the past is ridiculous

Yep. Liked Flintoff's honesty and he obviously isn't as mentally broken as Prior and other English nuffies in the media.

Moises doing his best to look like a plonker.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricke...n-ball-tampering-scandal-20180411-p4z91p.html

Defending a bloke you play alongside I can see. But there's no words to describe the stupidity in using the phrase "trying to selflessly advantage the fast bowling unit".

Its not like Warner and Smith had cork in their bats or something. So he is right in that they wanted to win but it wasn't about making themselves look good.

I actually really like what he has said. To have blokes like Prior coming out and saying the things he has when he has demonstrated questionable behaviour in the past is ridiculous
Yep good on him , at least someone had the 'balls' to call them out

Some pretty hypocritical commentary from a fair few ex players happy to take a cheap shot or two

Not a bad bloke for a Lancastrian is Freddie

seems strange when he is apparently banned from all first class cricket for 12 months.
The bans don’t extend to county cricket, they could theoretically play county cricket if the ECB agrees to it, and a club wants them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am reading a cricket book from the 1950's, they mention an Australian bowler called C.T.B Turner and it states "Turner used to keep the nails on his first and second fingers very long so that he could dig them deep into the seam of the ball".

I knew tampering had a long history, didn't know it has been woven into the very fabric of cricket since 1880!

Am reading a cricket book from the 1950's, they mention an Australian bowler called C.T.B Turner and it states "Turner used to keep the nails on his first and second fingers very long so that he could dig them deep into the seam of the ball".

I knew tampering had a long history, didn't know it has been woven into the very fabric of cricket since 1880!

definitely. There are reports in the early 1900s where fieldsman were refusing to field in the slips to a particular bowler because he was lifting the seam so much the ball was very hard to catch and was cutting their hands.

Don't you believe it! I read the Tom Wills biography a while back, all sorts of shenanigans used to go on in the old days.

You have to wonder how much ball tampering goes on at 1st class level where there aren't many cameras.
More then often most games, its generally accepted amongst players it happens to some degree
Its as bad as England , they just wont have you believe it though

Surrey coach Michael Di Venuto has expressed interest in having any of the banned players come to Surrey to maintain match fitness and skill levels. It seems there is an outside chance Smith could end up at Surrey in July after Dean Elgar leaves the county to go on a tour with South Africa.

Surrey coach Michael Di Venuto has expressed interest in having any of the banned players come to Surrey to maintain match fitness and skill levels. It seems there is an outside chance Smith could end up at Surrey in July after Dean Elgar leaves the county to go on a tour with South Africa.

pretty good chance i'd say. Will be good for Smith to spend a full county season playing against the seaming ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian cheating at Newlands, where to from here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back