Australian cheating at Newlands, where to from here?

Remove this Banner Ad

I dunno.. cheating is reprehensible and the miscreants should be castigated.

However, their value to the game is obvious and playing when they are somewhat rehabilitated is going to be a
spark to those who want to turn from wrong to right.

not saying anything new, just adding to those who like to play with being 'better than thou' and then try not to
chuck stones and all that stuff.

get them back into games that they are allowed and smooth things over.

By the way I am impressed with Tim for saying that he is going to change the strategy of sportsmanship. :thumbsu:
In fact all sports can do with this 'smack on the behind'. Being a keeper he is knowledgeable of the fake or
overreaction of the slips cordon in games for a start and then everyone else can concentrate on being in a set place, a good
policy of not overreaction for the cameras and so on.

Chew on that people. Determined to change the policy of party games. I am also putting the IPL in my sights.. far too glittery and
removes the game of cricket from it's gentle and gradual game. But it's not test cricket I know..

Working on the test situation as we speak.. It won't die yet.

I dunno.. cheating is reprehensible and the miscreants should be castigated.

However, their value to the game is obvious and playing when they are somewhat rehabilitated is going to be a
spark to those who want to turn from wrong to right.

not saying anything new, just adding to those who like to play with being 'better than thou' and then try not to
chuck stones and all that stuff.

get them back into games that they are allowed and smooth things over.

By the way I am impressed with Tim for saying that he is going to change the strategy of sportsmanship. :thumbsu:
In fact all sports can do with this 'smack on the behind'. Being a keeper he is knowledgeable of the fake or
overreaction of the slips cordon in games for a start and then everyone else can concentrate on being in a set place, a good
policy of not overreaction for the cameras and so on.

Chew on that people. Determined to change the policy of party games. I am also putting the IPL in my sights.. far too glittery and
removes the game of cricket from it's gentle and gradual game. But it's not test cricket I know..

Working on the test situation as we speak.. It won't die yet.

Aren’t fake appeals kinda pointless with DRS? You just look like a bunch of campaigners if you do that now

Aren’t fake appeals kinda pointless with DRS? You just look like a bunch of campaigners if you do that now
well you know the funny thing is that I forgot what the dRS was but I guess it has to do with the appeal system. the defensive roger standpoint.

lol.. but not really.. however I know that perhaps the rules need to carry on with the sense that some things allow the players to stand and wait
until they are going to be allowed to deliver.

carry that as being an admission that I am not quite sure ... fake appeals are like in the AFL where they shrug the shoulders to draw an
opponent hey and so this is a rampant law where slight variations of the ball spin or the line of the ball to the stumps are used to create a
short answer to a dismissal.

carry on I am devising my own thoughts and this is a good thread to create some change.. ;)

South African society is decades behind us in terms of its racism and empathy for others.

I'm no fan of Warners but could you imagine (if De ****'s missus had been shagging Sonny Bill Williams), most of the MCG crowd wearing Sonny Bill masks during an Aussie v Sth Africa test?

Would NEVER happen.

I guess it's no surprise they're so easily and naturally abusive given their disgusting history of apartheid. Ours isn't perfect but is nothing like theirs, the racist w***ers.

Our players were twits, make no mistake, but what's been lost in all this is, and completely under-reported by the media, is how they were driven to screw up so bad.

And don't get me started on India with the way entire crowds used to hoot like monkeys whenever Andrew Simonds touched the ball!

Player cheats. Wife suffers a tragic miscarriage. These two things are in no way related.
she was confronted by the media and social media warriors.
south African cricket should hang their collective heads in shame.
look how they treat ball tameprers'.
look how their administration mock sbw and the warners' for a tryst which occurred before they met. putrid.

I think its circumstantial rather than intimately intertwined (miscarriage and cheating saga). Could stress have played a part? Possibly. We will never know.
True - we will never know but perhaps the fact that the Warners have made this tragic incident public, might say something as to what they think was the reason.

True - we will never know but perhaps the fact that the Warners have made this tragic incident public, might say something as to what they think was the reason.

I dont blame them for their instagraming and twitter ways, it is simply not for me, but each to their own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly not what most people share, Im just wondering what their motive is for doing this.

I guess people like attention. Or its an addiction. They know not to go and post stuff which will bring them unnecessary attention, but they do it cause it gives them a buzz. The negative comments that come with it are expected but they cant bring themselves to look away.

Like Elysse Knowles who while on the Block wanted australia to know she's serious about renovating during the show. In addition:

Instagram got her noticed. But The Block star Elyse Knowles admits there’s something about it she can’t stand.

The part-time renovator, part-time model and part-time social media influencer opened up to Stellar on Sunday about her meteoric rise to fame and her love-hate relationship with the platforms that helped launch her career.

“I’m so sick of proving myself to everyone: proving you have to be this kind of person or you have to look like this or you have to be in a bikini in every shot. It kills me!

“I don’t have to do that, no-one has to do that, but they think they do to get anywhere on social media. I don’t want it to control me; I want to control it.”

Certainly not what most people share, Im just wondering what their motive is for doing this.
It's all about 'managing' their brand. I feel for her in the circumstances, but it's a bit rich to complain about the media attention while staging a media circus to detail their most intimate issues. FFS, try to live one minute without thinking about how it plays in the public.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian cheating at Newlands, where to from here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back