Current Australian Crime Biographies

Remove this Banner Ad

Twisting and rewriting the history in many of them I suspect but I'd probably be tempted to write myself into a more flattering, or 'good chick' frame. Some of them are a great read if not nearly always as 'unflinching' as described.

And winning literary prizes!

Judy Moran's book wasn't one of them. And I did get into trouble for laughing at the cover in front of someone who knew her. Still lolling .... not sorry.

judymoran_copy.jpg

Nasty Nanna, a bit more realistic. The Matriarch.

kath.jpg

John Ibrahim 'Last King of the Cross' has won the inaugural Danger Prize.

Not bad, with an intro by Laurie Oakes.

He was given the prize for his memoir Last King of the Cross and told the audience in Sydney overnight that he was “humbled” to have been named the winner, and thanked his family for “giving me endless material”.

The “King of the Cross” jokingly said he was glad he didn’t “burn up on entry”.

“(My) second concern was that this would be a police sting, a very elaborate one, but one (nonetheless),” Mr Ibrahim said.

“I’ve seen this kind of thing on TV…I’ve been told I’m very elusive…I’m half expecting Taskforce Raptor to be abseiling from the ceiling at any moment.”

The book details his life as a nightclub owner and explains he is now retired from the Cross.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2...nger-prize-winner-book-last-king-of-the-cross

Only yesterday, lawyers taped defamation papers to the door of Ibrahim's Sydney mansion.

Sydney identity Tom Domican is suing him and publisher Pan Macmillan Australia for defamation, claiming he’s portrayed as a violent criminal, drug dealer and someone willing to be hired to kill people other than the Ibrahims.

He claims they failed to inform him about the material concerning him before publication and he wants the best-selling book pulped.

Judy Morans book was absolutely farcical, a straight out bit of fluff and bubble reader rip-off that failed to disclose anything about the very interesting life and crimes that this lady has been a part of including Kanes machine -gun in the bathtub execution .
Probably the only worse on doing the rounds was "I Caesar" released around the Anniversary of the Milperra massacre by Bandido Caesar Cambell which was 200 pages of him half heartedly recalling a few bar room brawls he had been in and little else.

Judy Morans book was absolutely farcical, a straight out bit of fluff and bubble reader rip-off that failed to disclose anything about the very interesting life and crimes that this lady has been a part of including Kanes machine -gun in the bathtub execution .
Probably the only worse on doing the rounds was "I Caesar" released around the Anniversary of the Milperra massacre by Bandido Caesar Cambell which was 200 pages of him half heartedly recalling a few bar room brawls he had been in and little else.

They have to be careful what they write.

I think Judy might have taken inspiration for the cover design of her book looking at Harold Robbins novels. Mick Gatto's book I read with lots of eye rolling. I don't like to admit it and personal gripe aside, Matriarch by Kath Pettingill was pretty good, there was very little vanity and no obvious attempt to garner sympathy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Australian Crime Biographies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back