Australian white-ball tour of Scotland and England, September 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact Cummins one of Aussies top 3 bowlers in this format isn't here and preferring to watch his Sydney Swans , says it all about this series. The players dont care about it. Its a chance to just test new players out, test new tactics etc People will never remember this series in 5 years, 10 years time.

Im going to say this now, the selectors wont pick Abbott in this format for the last game and the next home series in Australia. He isn't good at all, the commentators realise that. Non-threatening, and the problem is his economy rate. Doesnt swing it enough, their just up there to be hit for the batters at a bad length most of the times.

The fact Cummins one of Aussies top 3 bowlers in this format isn't here and preferring to watch his Sydney Swans , says it all about this series. The players dont care about it. Its a chance to just test new players out, test new tactics etc People will never remember this series in 5 years, 10 years time.
Not really testing new players out when the only players under 29 in the squad are not playing

Not really testing new players out when the only players under 29 in the squad are not playing
Well they have played: Hardie, Matt Short, Cam Green, Abbott, and tried differnet teams etc.

As a neutral, I dont really even see the point of the series. Personally, I wouldnt have even minded a 1 off test match at Lords- that would have more meaning. Given the amount of cricket around the world, win , lose or draw- as an Aussie supporter it has an almost 'who cares vibe' about it.

And England have found one in Jamie Smith. He has the power and smartness in shot selection. He may end up a better bat/keeper than Jonny Bairstow.

You jinxed him.

He still looks a promising keeper batman for England though.

I know Sean Abbott is a death bowler for the Sydney Sixers.

But you cant bowl him at an international in the backend. He'd easily get carted for 10+ runs per over by a decent side. He could easily go for up to 18-19 an over against the power hitters. All good playing in domestic leagues in the UK and Big Bash, but its a level up playing at international and I havent seen enough of him at this level to convince me he can cut it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

land we go 2 nil up then go to sleep
Will your average Australian fan remember this series in 10 years time? I vaguely remember a very good ODI series between Australia and England in 2005 , the series played before the Ashes test series.

Players attitude today from Australia has been pretty poor and body language too.

Going to be controversial here , the only ODI cricket that should be played is : ODI World Cup matches, Champions Trophy. If your going to have a bilateral series , it should only be T20 series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian white-ball tour of Scotland and England, September 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back