Autopsy Autopsy vs Collingwood aka the Great Pain Robbery

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmmm. Still gutted, proud and hopeful for the future. Still can't believe the incompetence of the umps.

But F me do people honestly think the AFL truly instruct the umpires to cheat, and they all oblige and nobody questions it or leaks it? I thought I was reading (understandable) hyperbole but there seems to be people on here who genuinely believe the biggest scandal in Australian sports history is happening before our eyes. Crikey.

Could watch that first half and a bit over and over with joy. It was the best football display I've seen since watching from the stands. It's better than the 2013-19 stuff and before. The intent, desire and hunger on display were so influential it made the reigning premiers shit themselves and boy were they under the pump.

Despite the heartbreaking result, I can see the future.

• LDU. Pay the bloke whatever the **** he wants. We can chip in.
  • Fisher. He is part of our long-term plans. The late turnover and missed shot at goal will haunt him but he will have to live with that and get better.
  • Sheezel. Gun. Superstar. Generational. Everything. Complete. That no look handball behind him was ridiculous.
  • Xerri. The man is a colossus.
  • Wardlaw. I don't need to say much else. This bloke is the best midfielder I have ever seen watching live at the stands.
  • Paul Curtis. This guy's strength, tackling and desire has gone up a notch. What a player he will be. He is one of our best field kicks and can kick goals. Gun.
  • Larkey. He made Moore look second-rate early. He's back.
  • Pink. Loves to crash packs and make defenders guess. Love him.
  • Teakle. What a debut!
  • Comben. Bloke was our general back there. He was literally stopping multiple forward thrusts when the momentum swung. He is a defender now. No question.
  • Zurhaar. I have become a harsh critic and yes he had some bad turnovers, but if he can bring the pressure and energy as he did early (that long goal was absolutely first-class), he will get back to his best.
  • Taylor. There is a footballer in there!
  • Phillips. WHY SUB HIM? WHYYYYYYYY EDIT: apparently, he was gassed. Oh well.
  • Scott. Has become much cleaner with the ball recently. Getting back to his best. Should've sealed it for us late thanks umps!
  • Powell. Didn't have the best game but he still helped with our clearance chains. As he gets more games, he will become a fine player.
  • Dawson. He stopped a few attacks just like Comben. Will be a great depth player.
  • Ford. Didn't score but he brought a lot of class, pressure and contests.
  • Archer. Had Bobby Hill at his absolute best but he has shown that he can do it. The lockdown role is his.
The bad stuff.

• Lmac. Oh boy. His limitations were exposed. Panicked far too much for a senior player.
  • Corr. Not his worst game but had some shocking moments.
  • Sleevo. He's cooked. Won't play next week. Drop him.
  • Shiels. Not entirely his fault but Clarko putting him on Daicos was the wrong call.
  • Tucker. Panic, panic, panic... why brother?
Umpiring was just dreadful but we let them back in.

EDIT: If Jy played today, we win. Easily. Will Phil doesn't get gassed/subbed and we absolutely monster them in the middle. Jy wouldn't let Daicos off the hook and would've helped Shiels.

Last edited:
Didn’t Laura Kane say that all goals are reviewed and the ball won’t be bounced until the all clear is given?

Well not today Laura. It was clearly touched and every official at the ground either chose to ignore and therefor were cheating or they should be stood down for utter incompetence.

I’m sure they will all receive bonuses for playing a role in todays fiasco, because after all it keeps the AFL coffers flowing.
Watch them come out and say the umps ear piece wasn't working. And we couldnt alert the officiating umpire in time.
4 of them out there. 4.

Tom Morris, the pro ambulance chaser himself has already contacted Laura Kane and McBurney. They said give us 24 hours to review and get back to you. F***ing save it Laura.
The amount of damage control that is gonna go into this is going to be amazing.

Hmmm. Still gutted, proud and hopeful for the future. Still can't believe the incompetence of the umps.

But F me do people honestly think the AFL truly instruct the umpires to cheat, and they all oblige and nobody questions it or leaks it? I thought I was reading (understandable) hyperbole but there seems to be people on here who genuinely believe the biggest scandal in Australian sports history is happening before our eyes. Crikey.

Wait until the 4pm Presser tomorrow when the AFL announces that the 4 points have been overturned due to Umpiring errors

Cough

Mr Freeze Tonight GIF

I was shattered at the end, angry, upset.

But, I’d rather feel that than nothing and empty after almost every game when we were never in it

It looks like it’s finally turning, we need to back it up against Melbourne.

Could watch that first half and a bit over and over with joy. It was the best football display I've seen since watching from the stands. It's better than the 2013-19 stuff and before. The intent, desire and hunger on display were so influential it made the reigning premiers shit themselves and boy were they under the pump.
In 2016, we were the worst 12-1 side I've ever seen.

In 2024, we're the best 1-12 side I've ever seen.

Watch them come out and say the umps ear piece wasn't working. And we couldnt alert the officiating umpire in time.
4 of them out there. 4.

Tom Morris, the pro ambulance chaser himself has already contacted Laura Kane and McBurney. They said give us 24 hours to review and get back to you. F***ing save it Laura.

the score review will get lost in all of the other pathetic calls. it's happened SOOOOOO often it's a f***ing joke. they never have and never will review every goal, it's just the same old propaganda from the beginning "we reveiw every goal :)". seen it countless times already on even more obvious touches.

i can already tell what they'll do, admit fault to one less crucial free and make up whatever BS they have to for all the others, then hope to god it gets forgotten because it's only norf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty upset after going down after such a big lead but funny enough I feel better about our team now than this morning

Same. The majority of the game was like the first half against Freo (generally our go-to benchmark of quality playing this season) on crack. I was genuinely amazed at what I was seeing - we could not miss, all lines were firing, consistent pressure. I didn't know we had that in us.

Now we just need to see more, and for longer.

I was shattered at the end, angry, upset.
At the end of the game today I learned that the seats at Docklands will pop off the railing part when hit. I found this out at the siren.
But, I’d rather feel that than nothing and empty after almost every game when we were never in it
We lead by nearly 10 goals.

It’s sh*t to lose but against a lot of sides we win that.

It looks like it’s finally turning, we need to back it up against Melbourne.
The pressure has to stay. It is the standard.

We’re also defending higher up the game.

I would really f***ing like to claw our way off the bottom.

At the end of the game today I learned that the seats at Docklands will pop off the railing part when hit. I found this out at the siren.

We lead by nearly 10 goals.

It’s sh*t to lose but against a lot of sides we win that.

The pressure has to stay. It is the standard.

We’re also defending higher up the game.

I would really f***ing like to claw our way off the bottom.

You would think playing at this standard we beat Richmond, West Coast and the Suns in Melbourne

And we give ourselves a decent showing against Melbourne next week

As for the Dogs and Cats, well it depends on which version of their teams turn up

In 2016, we were the worst 12-1 side I've ever seen.

In 2024, we're the best 1-12 side I've ever seen.
disagree.

that 2014 to 2016 team had A graders across all lines.

Brown was the 3rd best KPF....Goldy at his prime, wells, boomer, cunners, higgins, jacobs, swallow in the middle...Thompson and Tarrant - 2 AA KPD.

they weren't all under 26 like the stars on our current list, but still a top tier list.

4 of them out there. 4.

So they need 24 hours to try and justify a blatant mistake.

Why not save us all the time and admit that your crew ****ed up……again!

So they have 24 hours to find some patsy to divert attention from another blunder under her watch.

Did Clarko do something this week that they can try and turn into scandal?

This competition for something that proclaims to be professional, sure had a lot of amateurs running it.

You would think playing at this standard we beat Richmond, West Coast and the Suns in Melbourne

And we give ourselves a decent showing against Melbourne next week

As for the Dogs and Cats, well it depends on which version of their teams turn up
dogs and cats have this group scarred for a very long time. i bet if/when we're top 4 those 2 teams will upset us for a long time.

Thank you Jimmy. Saying what we're all feeling.
Unfortunately as he says, afl and umpiring department will just come and tick it off.

Wait until the 4pm Presser tomorrow when the AFL announces that the 4 points have been overturned due to Umpiring errors

Cough
Maybe she said to Tom Morris we need 24 hours to ask Nick Daicos on his opinion, because after all he was umpiring the game today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Collingwood aka the Great Pain Robbery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back