Trade Requested Bailey Smith [reportedly headed to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

Point being if you were in the Dogs shoes would be excited about swapping him for Bailey? I wouldn’t.

Scrimmers would be an incredible addition to the Dogs back 6. Having another genuine interceptor would take so much pressure off Liam Jones.
Plus he's a beautiful kick.

There haven’t been any reports suggesting he wants to leave. But he hasn’t signed.

He’s a tricky book to read. I don’t think he’d leave with any ill feelings but at the end of the day he’s a commercial juggernaut and it’s probably not ideal for him to be at a smaller club to maximise on those things.
Has Sydney Swans written all over this.

There haven’t been any reports suggesting he wants to leave. But he hasn’t signed.

He’s a tricky book to read. I don’t think he’d leave with any ill feelings but at the end of the day he’s a commercial juggernaut and it’s probably not ideal for him to be at a smaller club to maximise on those things.

He obviously doesn’t want to leave because he loves the boys and Bevo, and our young talent means we will be in the flag window for the next ten years.

In saying that, Hawks look set up to be a good team over that time period too, and will offer him substantially more money than us.

At the end of the day I think if he leaves it will be for 300k more a year, and not because he doesn’t like the club etc.

Honestly would be surprised if he's even made his mind up. No reason to lock yourself in when it's June
Of course he hasn't made his mind up :p.

Nobody on here knows for sure where he will be but I guarantee you Smith, his manager and a certain list manager knows exactly where he will be.

Honestly would be surprised if he's even made his mind up. No reason to lock yourself in when it's June
FA’s generally know exactly what they intend to do 12 months out from doing it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He could also get freedom in one of these

View attachment 2011461

I'm loving the Cult of the headband. Got a perfect Bailey sized one waiting to go.

I can picture Baz walking into Cats HQ for his first team meeting wearing his new headband to a chorus of....

Joining Welcome Home GIF

Whats this guy's trade value with the issue's he has had
  • Mental Health
  • Nose Beers
  • Knee

Will be 24 end of the year and some team will come with a 7 year deal on around $800k im thinking

I don't think this will be a 7-year contract scenario - that would have him coming out of contract at 31, which is an awkward time to be renegotiating. A 5-year contract would see him come out at 29, where he'd likely have a lot more bargaining power that he's got 3-4 years of top football left, and can negotiate from a stronger position.

I don't think this will be a 7-year contract scenario - that would have him coming out of contract at 31, which is an awkward time to be renegotiating. A 5-year contract would see him come out at 29, where he'd likely have a lot more bargaining power that he's got 3-4 years of top football left, and can negotiate from a stronger position.
Not too sure he would be thinking about that and more likely think long term security to change clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith [reportedly headed to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back