Trade Requested Bailey Smith [reportedly headed to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

If he comes he comes but I’d rather we get Battle and release Weddle into the midfield. He can IMO do what Smith can do but will be better.
It’s not an either/or.

Battle is an UFA.

If he comes he comes but I’d rather we get Battle and release Weddle into the midfield. He can IMO do what Smith can do but will be better.

I love Weddle and wish we drafted him instead of Busslinger, and get that underrating Bailey is practically a sport for some Hawks supporters at this point, but… this is a particularly laughable take based on all available evidence.

I love Weddle and wish we drafted him instead of Busslinger, and get that underrating Bailey is practically a sport for some Hawks supporters at this point, but… this is a particularly laughable take based on all available evidence.
I’m not under rating him at all. I just think Weddle will be better in the midfield and hopefully we put him there soon. Just my opinion 👍

Heard reports Pies have shown interest. Personally think it's a huge risk. Some players never recover their pace after an ACL, and without that, he's just an average mid with a sub-par kick. For the money and trade capital he'd command, I'd prefer that we bow out.

You’re about 7-8 weeks behind my man.

It’s down to three - cats / hawks / staying.

Correct - Geelong.
Smith will be the main midfield man in Geelong which may be the major interest for him.

I do wonder though how Geelong have looked the last 7 weeks may see players lose interest in Geelong as they don't look a consistent top 4/8 team going forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If i were geelong, i know smith is only 23 turning 24 i think, i would take as many picks in draft right now before tassie come in.

Hawks and pies for me, wouldng be surprised if pies got him

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith [reportedly headed to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back