AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, Newcastle United
Michael Barlow Trade Discussion Thread

As this is a major injury, i think it deserves its own thread

Horrible injury and i hope he comes back better and stronger :thumbsu:

Discussion Continues....

As someone without Ablett or Swan and 277K in the band I will be getting one of them next week. Flip of the coin I guess.

For some people, trading out Barlow will be a upgrade and for some others who have the best mids already it will be a downgrade..:(

I'm looking at Hayes or Judd. I'm not overly confident on their ability to stay injury-free but they are the best scoring wise as I already have Ablett, Swan, Montagna, Boyd, Bartel. Kade Simpson may also be unique option if I am going that way...

My midfield atm is Ablett, Swan, Montagna, Mitchell and Barlow so I'm thinking of going Barlow to either Hayes or Bartel. Im a bit weary on Hayes because we have an easy run home and have it on good authority he will be rested nearing the finals.

Funny thing is that Barlow actually went up about 6k today. Even when the man goes down with a season ender he keeps on giving! Thanks for the going away pressie Mick :(

Also, 8 trades left.

already have Swan, Ablett, Chapman. I'd love to go to Montagna, but unless he really stinks this round, I'll be about 5 thousand short. Will probably end up with Hayes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got 7 trades +$25,000 so can afford any midfielder I want.

Current midfield is Swan, Bartel, Montagna, Pendles, Gibbs & of course Barlow.

Like most have Hodge & Goddard down back

So out of the top 10 mids I could get Ablett (2 overall), Chapman, Hayes, Simpson & Cornes (7-10).

Going by averages I also would consider Boyd & Judd.

I can straight swap to any of these, but I want it to be an upgrade and someone who will play every game all the way through (Ruling out Chappy then). Even though Ablett isn't as durable am considering him or Boyd who have both been super but also considering someone more leftfield in Simpson.

I think barring injury/resting Ablett will outscore the above plus it gives me possibly the only catpain option better than Swan.

My midfield is currently Swan, Bartel, Judd, Rischitelli, Hodge and Barlow.

I might, depending on price fluctuations, have enough for Ablett or Joey. I already have Chapman and Goddard so the next level would be a a Hayes or something.

In other words, I have no idea what I will do.

I have Ablett, Swan, Bartel, Montagna and Martin (covering for Goodes who is DP covering Brown in the Forwards).

Reckon Boyd is the go for me. Other riskier option would be Chapman but running low on trades so doubt I can bring myself to take that risk.

I already have key mids in Ablett, Bartel, Boyd & Gibbs (as well as Goddard & Hodge in defense). I might go for Swan, Montagna or Hayes. But if I choose to save some cash, I might go for Green, Swallow or Rischitelli instead.

Decisions, decisions...

Barlow -> Goddard to utilise the DP link.

Will leave me with 5 trades and $200k with just Martin / Gysberts (sigh) to upgrade.

In pure DT terms it's a good thing, will test the depth of a lot of teams and help bring a bit of skill back into the game!

Really need Ablett to stay where he is in price, much higher and ill have to settle with Hayes :(

Will have 5 trades remaining afterwards.

Hopefully 1 more of those will be injury cover, and another 2 upgrades for minor tinkering

Remove this Banner Ad

Barlow Trade Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back