Barlow Trade Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thompson plays best when Adelaide win... Now looking at Adelaide's draw they have 4 heavy weight top 4 contenders (Cats, Saints, Pies and Dogs) and 4 bottom 4 contenders (Tigers, Lions, Eagles, Power)
Expect to see yo-yo scores with him ranging from 60-70 to 140. Barlow being extremely consistent makes you want to replace with a like for like. Having said that, you can pocket 110k with this option although money becomes less and less valuable as the season goes on and you just want the best players.

Very true. Chapman is so tempting but will he just burn everyone again? Boyd looks good for immediate impact as the Bulldogs have an easy run coming up, and Pendles has 7 games in a row at the MCG coming up. Then there's Hayes, who had some groin issues today and is likely to be rested sometime soon.

Tough decision!

Would love to get Ablett or Monty but I need to upgrade Stirk/Silvagni position.

Probably and hopefully will go
Barlow to Judd:eek:
Silvagni to Obrien - for DP with Davis
play Stirjk again & then next week Webberley to Scotland

Think it will get me the most points. Might be able to get Hayes or Dal Santo and Carrazzo but it's so hard to tell and therefore risky plus Hayes or Dal Santo could easily get rested for a game.

Also tempted to go
Silvagni to Obrien
Barlow to Ablett
next week Webberley to Shaw:eek:
Would have to pray Shaw doesnt increase by about 10k or 15k if I got Boyd which is pretty unlikely after 2 high scores.
Argh gonna be a long dt week.

Also tempted to go
Silvagni to Obrien
Barlow to Ablett
next week Webberley to Shaw:eek:
Would have to pray Shaw doesnt increase by about 10k or 15k if I got Boyd which is pretty unlikely after 2 high scores.
Argh gonna be a long dt week.

Sorry to give up your hopes mate, but Shaw (I'm guessing you mean Heath) has a breakeven of 27, so you will be hoping he can't manage anything over about 50, which could happen but seems really unlikely. :thumbsdown:

my midfield is swan, ablett, bartel, montagna, gibbs, barlow

thinking of going barlow to Chapman, only other one im considering is boyd.

Interesting. A month ago people were complaining that they couldn't win without Ablett and some coaches even went as far as bringing him in for 500K+. Now he's available at zero cost and people are having second thoughts.

I must admit that I am one of them. It's down to GAJ or Monty for me, leaning towards Monty at this stage purely for team balance as I already have 4 Cats and only 1 Saint.

I don't have Ablett so the choice is easy.

The average game from him is 33 disposals which tops Swan/Chappy by a few touches.

His scores have been inconsistant from lack of kicking and marking. He's been making up for it by kicking plenty of goals. He's only gone goaless in 2 games this season.

My thoughts with the trade is that I will go to Ablett or Goddard. Regret not picking God at the start of the year as a defender and this will give me some DP flexability. Ablett is sure to be rested at some point during the last month and I can see it happening round 22 if Geelong have the top spot sewn up (away against WC).

I have the same choice. Goddard has been killing it and looks like going on with it, whereas Ablett looks to be on the wane. I think I could go Goddard because of his form plus the DP.

I have Doughty as my 8th defender, so getting Goddard would make sense.

I have the same choice. Goddard has been killing it and looks like going on with it, whereas Ablett looks to be on the wane. I think I could go Goddard because of his form plus the DP.

I have Doughty as my 8th defender, so getting Goddard would make sense.

Yeah, its a pretty hard choice If I'm honest. Like I said, I regret not picking Goddard at the start and would love to get him in as well. My only other St.Kilda player is Montagna, whereas I have 4 other Cats players. While I can't see the DP doing much good for my team as I only have Hodge and Carrazzo as DP players in the backline, and I dont reckon they'll go down with injuries.

Very tough choice...

Thinking of the following...
(I have ablett, swan, goddard, hodge, bartel, chapman) and unfortunately i am 2000 short to get montagna.. :-(

Barlow > Didak

Wait for N. Riewoldts price to drop then Sylvia > Rooooooooooooooooo with the money i save and for the DP cover win..

If I was to replace Barlow with Goddard ..... The AFL: site indicated players named in two positions can act as reserves for both ??? Is this right . I am :confused::confused:

You'll have to do some more reading up on duel-position players. Ignore this though if you don't have a mid-def dual position player already in defense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'll have to do some more reading up on duel-position players. Ignore this though if you don't have a mid-def dual position player already in defense.

Thanks . It can be done but only between forwards and defenders , evidently not between defenders and midfielders ... nearly found a way out :cool:

Thanks . It can be done but only between forwards and defenders , evidently not between defenders and midfielders ... nearly found a way out :cool:

It can be done with any position on the ground mate.

Goddard in the mids and Carrazzo in the backs is an example.

If you're sole focus of DT is to win your league, and you have already cemented a finals spot, there is no need to trade Barlow at this stage. There is no harm in copping a donut, and the player that you trade him to may suffer a LTI prior to the finals.

Having said that, Barlow --> Boyd for me.

Leaves me with a midfield of Swan, Ablett, Bartel, Montagna, Boyd & J Selwood

That's the same as mine. Started with 3 of them, and have traded in the other 3. At the start of the season, that was probably my "dream midfield". Haven't had to pay over-the-odds for the three I've brought in.

Looks like the Barlow injury is gonna kill me.

Not being able to afford Swan, and also already owning the 'unique' (Dream Team has ruined this word) midfielders in Pendlebury, Boyd and Hayes. Back to the pack I go.

Have a midfield of Bartel, Montagna, Vince, Dal Santo, Gibbs and Barlow obviuosly.

With only 5k in the bank:eek:

So no option for getting Swan and a weakish midfield and Chapman and Hodge in the forward/backs. Cmon down GAJ! Only really considering Didak for the DP link but with McNeil I think I am covered.

have to make 2 trades to midfiled this week, upgrading armstrong and trading out barlow

2 options are out - barlow/armstrong
in: montagna / stanton
or
in: l.hayes/judd

thoughts?

Havent read any previous posts in this thread so forgive me if this has been mentioned but i think a trade option from barlow significantly depends on how many trades you have left. If you dont have many trades left i would probably look toward a more durable option e.g. Gibbs, Montagna etc. If you have a few trades to burn then perhaps taking a punt on a less durable player (Main on that springs to mind is Ablett) isnt such a bad idea.

If you have a few trades to burn then perhaps taking a punt on a less durable player (Main on that springs to mind is Ablett) isnt such a bad idea.

I agree that the trade decision will be influenced by number of trades remaining.

For me, with very low trades left, its a straight-swap for the maximum points.

If I had another couple of upgrades to do, I would probably get Judd and grab the $60K as part of the package.

Remove this Banner Ad

Barlow Trade Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back