Moved Thread Barry Hall - is he remembered as a Saint, Swan or Bulldog?

How is Barry Hall remembered?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Deadly Assassin

Senior List
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Barry had a great career spanning three clubs but how is he remembered by the football public?
Saint, Swan or Bulldog?

I know Barry said he wants to be remembered as a Bulldog but I feel as though he's remembered as a Swan first and foremost.

Staker probably doesnt remember anything anymore.
john travolta GIF

Did he say that when playing at the Dogs or after he retired? Because players are obviously going to say they’re strongly committed during their career but reality comes through when it’s all over. They asked Daisy Thomas whether he had a preference between Collingwood and Carlton on radio a year or so back and he didn’t say even pause before saying the Pies. I suspect most players would be the same about the club where they played with more success and for longer.

He played his best footy at Footscray, interestingly.
No way. Check out his stats from 04-06, 74 goals, 80 goals and 78 goals from center half forward averaging about 15 touches a game. He also took about 200 marks in each of those seasons. Yes he kicked a lot of goals at the dogs, but he was a goalsquare operator by then.

Just like with Plugger I remember Hall as a Saint. He has said a number of times that he loved finishing his career at the Bulldogs because he followed them as a kid and they threw him a lifeline when he was discarded but to me he was only a very welcome visitor.
I remember all of those big marquee players that ended up in Sydney, as players from their original clubs... Plugger, Buddy, Hall

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back