Player Watch Beau McCreery

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure, let's pretend a 10 touch game is elite. Heck, start a Beau McCreery is the GOAT thread.

Beau should be better than he is.
He is just a role player. Does his job most weeks. He can also play as a defensive mid. 10 touches is fine for a forward pocket.
Could he be better? Sure.
He tends to watch players more than the ball which I feel is his main issue with getting more pill. With Richards coming back soon He might struggle to hold his spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to see him play on the opposition's main mid for the next few weeks.
It worked against LDU, but didn’t work against Bont the week earlier. Worth persisting with McCreery as a defensive mid though especially while Mitchell and Pendlebury are injured.

Noah Anderson or Matt Rowell next please

I'd like to see him play on the opposition's main mid for the next few weeks.

Locks a core mid out of the centre square when you opt to run a tagger. I'm happy to see it as a tool we can use as needed rather than something we lock in. Having said that, a McCreery v Rowell match up might be worth the price of admission.

Beau has been out of sorts for a while now, but he did a great job on LDU 2nd half.
If we have more jobs like that he can do, he might be able to play himself into form. Otherwise, might be in danger of losing his spot to Richards

Could use a week off if he doesn't get his shit together in the second half.

He has been that bad he makes WHE look like Isaac Heeney in comparison.

He's been absolutely woeful.

Fumble fumble fumble, poor kicks, getting caught holding the ball.

Richards gone ahead of him now
Yep, Richards creative, clever and knows where the goals are.
Love what Beau brings from his chase down acts and his aggression, but isn't doing enough to impact games.

That moment late in the second (I think?) quarter where he blazed away from 55m out, only for it to be marked in the square uncontested by the Suns, who then went all the way for a goal to Ainsworth.
If Beau had lowered his eyes, he would've seen JDG running free about 30m out.

The old 12 point play.

That passage of play frustrated me to no end. Seems Beau brings the pressure, but it seems he also feels it himself at times.

That moment late in the second (I think?) quarter where he blazed away from 55m out, only for it to be marked in the square uncontested by the Suns, who then went all the way for a goal to Ainsworth.
If Beau had lowered his eyes, he would've seen JDG running free about 30m out.

The old 12 point play.

That passage of play frustrated me to no end. Seems Beau brings the pressure, but it seems he also feels it himself at times.
Have the shot.
If he thinks it’s game on….take the shot.

Only replays and slow motion will say it’s a bad call.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Beau McCreery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back