Speculation Ben Hobbs [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Hobbs or tsatatis parish and their first will be used to get Max king

IIRC richmond tried to trade up for him on draft night. Is it the same recruiting staff still there?
Well after watching the game tonight Richmond dodged a bullet surely.

I mean I don't want to be biased, I mean I always thought if Fin Macrae left last year we'd get loose change in return. Surely Hobbbs would be the same. Looks vanilla to me.

Well after watching the game tonight Richmond dodged a bullet surely.

I mean I don't want to be biased, I mean I always thought if Fin Macrae left last year we'd get loose change in return. Surely Hobbbs would be the same. Looks vanilla to me.

He's good. Can't judge him off tonight, he's in a role he should not be playing in cause we have no small forwards. Last year when got some midfield minutes he was averaging 19.7 and 3.4 clearances in his second year. This year he's been boxed out by the growth of Durham and Caldwell.

Last edited:
I’d hope Collingwood is interested. I reckon he is a bit of a Taylor Adams clone, which ironically is exactly what we need to complement Nick in the midfield.

I don’t want to lose Richard’s, but Essendon fans seem interested. Maybe Hobbs for Richard’s and a swap of picks might be an option.

I’d hope Collingwood is interested. I reckon he is a bit of a Taylor Adams clone, which ironically is exactly what we need to complement Nick in the midfield.

I don’t want to lose Richard’s, but Essendon fans seem interested. Maybe Hobbs for Richard’s and a swap of picks might be an option.

I was actually thinking that a deal based around Hobbs and Richards makes alot of sense.

Alright real talk for a minute....

Bit of a weird one In my opinion. Where do Essendon see they are at, topped up last year and now don't seem to have the room for a few recent draftees.

If Essendon feel they are only a few pieces away they should continue down that path and target those players, and by all means you could use Hobbs as a piece in those trades, just improve the best 22.

Otherwise if they think a rebuild/refresh is on the cards for the next year or 2 than they should be fighting to keep this guy and pump games into him and a few of his peers, really see if he is apart of that next core.

Isn't trading him out for a draft pick just a sideways move and kicking the can down the road but not improving?

I might be a minority but even 'winning' a Hobbs trade for a good pick does nothing for them, isn't it possible the same talent and list management will go and pick another talented kid that 3 years doesn't fit the new direction they have decided to go and is moved on aswell. Rinse and repeat.

Bold of you to assume our club has any idea what they are doing haha.

Jokes aside could not agree more with your post. We seem to be taking a regenerate approach as opposed to rebuild but it’s clearly not working. Trade Parish and Shiel for some draft capital this season and pump the games into the kids IMO.

why get mckay then? This is a club that spent most of the year top 4. I think hobbs is a 200 game player, im happy to give you parfitt and knivitt for him, you either keep him or land a big fish using hobbs a first and parish and wright as trade capital

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be a great trade for us.

enough parallels to say we would still be keen
Do you think think there would be any interest in Richmond trading one of their first round selections they receive from Freo/GC to do this trade?

Hobbs has 40+ games experience and his progression over his first two seasons had all us bomber fans excited of the potential and IMO is just opportunity away from really establishing himself at AFL level.

Could look something like Pick 12 for Hobbs and Pick 28.

Richmonds pick #30 would just about get this deal done
This is about right. Hobbs hasn't shown enough to warrant any more. Personally I don't see it. Pace, kicking, decision making, scoring all too far below afl standard for a starting senior midfield spot.

Personally I'd take it as an EFC fan right now.

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

He dominates vfl and is clearly above that level, unfortunately he is stuck behind Caldwell Shiel parish Merrett and Durham. You can only have so many inside mids in one side, and when he plays has been used as a forward.

He will be a an afl player, not sure he is going to be an elite mid but will have a solid career.

Personally I’d rather move parish than lose Ben Hobbs. Hobbs is bigger stronger, better tackler, absorbs contact and still can get the footy clear and is apparently a young leader around the club.

He might get moved because of list unbalance but are there any wingers / flankers or small forwards that could work in a trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Ben Hobbs [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back