Draft Profile Ben Jacobs

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
What do people think about Ben Jacobs? Had 47 possies against SA following up from a 36 possession game in the previous round. Where is he going to go. Hasn't been much talk about him but he surely must be a shot at going in the first few. Would love to hear about his strengths and weaknesses from those who have seen him play.

Absolutely killed em yesterday. Very creative off half back, ball use first class. Performances like yesterday speak for themselves, would slot into an afl side with ease i reckon, blokes that use the ball like that are what people pay money to watch.

Went down and had a look yesterday and Jacobs was very good. He handled the kick in duties very well, and used the ball well by foot. He's got a bit of toe too. He's already a fairly strong looking lad, so could probably play in 2011.

OK, I have been pumping this blokes tyres up ever since I saw him in Knights Vs Dragons and in a losing side I thought he was pretty much BOG kicking 4 goals. He got a lot of it has strong hands and can kick the ball 70m. Confident he will make the transition to AFL quite easily.

I was pretty impressed with his footage last year but does he have downsides. Is he good defensively. Can he win a hard ball. I thought, from his vision, that he would have been getting more press but he has prettty much flown under the radar. Also what's his pace like? All in all looks like a very busy and creative player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. He is a very good midfielder and forward. With the Vic Metro midfield they can afford to play him off half back.

Yeah he isn't going to be a David Myers case where David has only one string to his bow and its pretty crap string atm.

Jacobs seems to have some tricks. We will see how he goes next 3 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Profile Ben Jacobs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back