Free Agency Ben McKay [Joins Essendon as RFA]

Does he stay or does he go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

His second year hasn’t scraped the edges of Daicos’s first year. He has marginally improved this year, which is what he would have done at North.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He's a star either way, I would have him in a heartbeat
It was bigger then a marginal improvement

He finished 7th in our Best and Fairest voting for 2023, so can we drop that angle too now please Hawthorn supporters?
Jack Ziebell finished 5th. I don’t think McKay finishing 7th is the win you think it is.

He's a star either way, I would have him in a heartbeat
It was bigger then a marginal improvement

He will be a star, I’m sure. He clearly isn’t a star now. He goes missing for large chunks of games far too often, particularly in the first half of games. He did it last year and again this year.

His time at North hasn’t hampered his development in any way at all. He has shown gradual improvement from last year. Nothing more, nothing less.

Keep going with your agenda though, it is working wonders.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Keep on shifting those goal posts, Hawks fans...
What was the goal post? That he hasn’t finished high up in your BnF?

If that is what it was it’s not shifting the goal posts to say he hasn’t achieved it.

Of the 3 guys directly above him 2 played 5 and 7 games less than McKay and the other would have struggled to be best 22 let alone top 5 in their BnF in any team bar the eagles this year.

And he only marginally finished above Shiels who used to be a pretty good player but has slowed right up. If not for Shiels injury he probably finishes ahead of McKay. A very weak field is the only reason he got as high as he did.

Last edited:
20 years of being irrelevant can do strange things to a supposed big 4 club.........

If they offer ol doodledick a million a year, the silly campaigners should fold

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I going to put this out here and ask for ppl to think about it. McKay hasn't nominated a club. Could it be because the clubs he wants to go to wont pay enough to guarantee north pick 3. So does he go where he doesnt want to go or risk north matching. It is real conundrum. The figures in the media are grossly exaggerated. The compensation is based of the base contract not any incentives. Decisions decisions

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agency Ben McKay [Joins Essendon as RFA]

Back