Slow day on trade-radio…

B:Archer Logue McDonald
HB:Houston Corr Draper

C:McKercher Davies-Uniacke Scott

HF:Ford Comben Simpkin
F:Curtis Larkey Darling

R:Xerri Parker Sheezel

I:Teakle Zurhaar Powell Wardlaw

Don't think we can have all 4 of Darling Larkey, Comben and Teakle in the forward line.

Backline looks a bit undersized to me and McDonald, yuk!

Curtis, Zurhaar, Durrsma, Ford, Simpkin

All seem to be very similar players to me.

Fitting all of these in our team is probably making us a bit too unbalanced.

Really need a proper small forward or two to step up so we are more dynamic and one or two of those I have mentioned will need to be moved on/ reinvented in the next year or two.

Don't think we can have all 4 of Darling Larkey, Comben and Teakle in the forward line.

Backline looks a bit undersized to me and McDonald, yuk!
McDonald will be there, it’s not my preference.

Teakle will be the second ruck and work up the ground. Darling and Larks the keys.

If we need Comben back then swing him around.

We have been so starved of actual KP depth, that many of us lose our minds a little when we see 6 key-position players in a team but forget that most run with six in a team and some have 7-8.

I think Simpkin can be the small forward we need but not sure how keen he would be to play that role

If he can’t play mid he probs would at least rather high half forward working hard up the ground and through stoppages
Other sides push their small forwards all the way to D50 to provide link-up and pressure on the opposition. Even in our VFL side we'd do that with Harvey, RJH and Drury.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Best 23 for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back