Prediction 2024 Best 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Assuming all injured players return including McStay, Elliot and Mitchell.

Maynard - Moore - Howe
IQ - Frampton - Noble
Jaicos - Crisp - Sidey
Lipinkski - McStay - Elliot
Hill - Checkers - Shultz
Cameron - De Goey - Naicos
Int: WHE - Cox - Mitchell - McCreery

Emg in order but depeding on position: Richards, Harrison, Oleg, Kruger, Dean, Reef, Sullivan, McCrae

If Mitchell doesn't get back - Richards
If no McStay or Cox - Kruger then Reef
No Elliot, probably Richards or Reef
We agree. :) :thumbsu:

B: Jeremy Howe ~ Billy Frampton ~ Brayden Maynard
HB: Isaac Quaynor ~ Darcy Moore ~ John Noble

M: Steele Sidebottom ~ Scott Pendlebury ~ Josh Daicos
R: Darcy Cameron ~ Nick Daicos ~ Jack Crisp

HF: Jordan De Goey ~ Brodie Mihocek ~ Pat Lipinski
F: Jamie Elliott ~ Dan McStay ~ Bobby Hill

I/C: Lachie Schultz ~ Tom Mitchell ~ Will Hoskin-Elliott ~ Mason Cox
Sub: Beau McCreery

Last edited:

FB: Maynard - Frampton - Howe
HB: Quaynor - Moore - Noble
C: J. Daicos - Crisp - Lipinski
HF: De Goey - Mihocek - Hill
FF: Elliott - McStay - Schultz
FOLL: Cameron - Pendlebury - N. Daicos
INT: Hoskin-Elliott - McCreery - Sidebottom - Harrison
SUB: Richards
EMG: Mitchell - Cox - Dean

I could easily swap Richards with Harrison/Lipinski/McCreery as the sub, just have it as Joe because he's currently injured.

Imo - Harrison is in our best team - by finals he will have improved even more.

One of the key questions will be second ruck - will it be Cox or Kreugs. One of those two players. Let's fully judge Kreugs when Checkers is next to him. Cameron is dropping back into defence more which is something Cox would do. The field kicking of Kreuger is better than Cox. I also think Kreuger plays the forward role better than Cox. But Cox is the better ruckman. So interesting choice.

I think Frampton just plays down back. I trust Frampton more than Dean at this stage.

The likes of IQ, Noble need to lift imo - I expect more. Even Lipinski - I reckon the pressure will come from De Goey. Competition is very healthy.

I think the one out of the not big names that is almost a lock is WHE - he is just so versatile and clearly Fly trusts him big time.

I’ve done a very thorough analysis of our list to determine who’s actually in our best 23,

Now, I won’t bore anyone by releasing all the bothersome analysis details, however, after ruthlessly excluding anyone who just wasn’t quite up to best 23 level for one reason or another, I’ve found, to my pleasant surprise, that we have 26 players in our best 23.

Last edited:

One of the key questions will be second ruck - will it be Cox or Kreugs. One of those two players. Let's fully judge Kreugs when Checkers is next to him. Cameron is dropping back into defence more which is something Cox would do. The field kicking of Kreuger is better than Cox. I also think Kreuger plays the forward role better than Cox. But Cox is the better ruckman. So interesting choice.

I think Frampton just plays down back. I trust Frampton more than Dean at this stage.

The likes of IQ, Noble need to lift imo - I expect more. Even Lipinski - I reckon the pressure will come from De Goey. Competition is very healthy.

I think the one out of the not big names that is almost a lock is WHE - he is just so versatile and clearly Fly trusts him big time.
Noble had a bad one yesterday but has been in career best form. IQ still can play a lockdown role and release Maynard depending on the form of both.
Lipinski I think they need for grunt work but could be vulnerable.
Agree on Harrison.
The one who is alarmingly out of form and while not suggesting a drop he's position needs to be redefined is Moore. Larkey would've kicked 10 without change

Cox has been a surprisingly good field kick from the start of his career. He rarely turns the ball over by hand or foot.

Krueger is a longer kick of the pill.

IQ---FRAMPTON---DEAN

HOWE---MOORE---MAYNARD

JAICOS---PENDLES---SIDEBOTTOM

MCCREERY---MIHOCEK---SHULTZ

HILL---MCSTAY---JDG

CAMERON---CRISP---NAICOS

COX---ELLIOT---WHE---HARRISON

SUB: RICHARDS / LIPINSKI

with 4 coming back (SP10, JDG, Jr & Checkers)
The 4 I see making way is TJ, Fin, Reef and HH.
If D-Mac comes back, I think it'll be between Frammo, Kroog or Dean to miss...

Sidebottom is in terrific form. clearly a best 23 player currently.

Current side for me below. It’s probably Noble, Beau, Harrison, Kreuger and Frampton that are the bottom group of players that could be pushed out for an in form emergency player.

B: Maynard - Frampton - Quaynor
HB: Howe - Moore - Noble
C: Sidebottom - Pendlebury - JDaicos
HF: Hill - Mihocek - Lipinski
F: Elliott - McStay - Schultz
R: Cameron - DeGoey - NDaicos
I: Hoskin-Elliott - Crisp - Kreuger - McCrerry
S: Harrison
EMG: Mitchell - Markov - Cox - Dean - Richards
Mitchell has to be in the team
He’s the bulldozer and plays well in big games
We will need him against swans and Cripps
Just watch his performance on Neale in gf23

Assuming all injured players return including McStay, Elliot and Mitchell.

Maynard - Moore - Howe
IQ - Frampton - Noble
Jaicos - Crisp - Sidey
Hill - Checkers - Shultz
Int: WHE - Cox - Mitchell - McCreery

Emg in order but depeding on position: Richards, Harrison, Oleg, Kruger, Dean, Reef, Sullivan, McCrae

If Mitchell doesn't get back - Richards
If no McStay or Cox - Kruger then Reef
No Elliot, probably Richards or Reef

We agree. :) :thumbsu:

Surely that new kid in the #10 makes our top 30?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maynard. Frampton. Howe
IQ. Moore. Noble
J Daicos. Pendles. Sidey
Schultz. Mihocek. Lipinski
Hill. McStay. Elliott
Cameron. Crisp. N Daicos
Interchange:
McCreary. WHE. Mitchell. JDG.
Sub. Harrison

Emerg
RIchards. Dean. Kreuger. Markov. Cox

Plenty of quality amongst the emergencies to ensure flexibility with opposing match-ups, form and injuries

Editied cause I somehow forgot Pendles.

Maynard - Moore - Howe
IQ - Frampton - Crisp
Jaicos - Pendles - Sidey
Hill - Checkers - Shultz
Int: WHE - Cox - Mitchell - McCreery - Noble

Emg in order but depending on position: Richards, Harrison, Oleg, Kruger, Dean, Reef, Sullivan, McCrae

I think the biggest question mark for us is can we play all three of Mcstay, Mihocek and Kreuger in the same side?

The obvious stalking horse there is Mason given the value he holds in being the best secondary ruckman ahead of Mcstay/Kreuger, but does the impact of having a Freddy/Dan combo i50 (when DC14 is rucking) outweigh the importance of the secondary ruck role?

With all players available I think the back line picks itself with a trio of Moore, Frampton and Howe - with an apology to Dean who I think has improved and has the tools to be a key player for us in the future, just not in 2024.

I think the biggest question mark for us is can we play all three of Mcstay, Mihocek and Kreuger in the same side?

The obvious stalking horse there is Mason given the value he holds in being the best secondary ruckman ahead of Mcstay/Kreuger, but does the impact of having a Freddy/Dan combo i50 (when DC14 is rucking) outweigh the importance of the secondary ruck role?

With all players available I think the back line picks itself with a trio of Moore, Frampton and Howe - with an apology to Dean who I think has improved and has the tools to be a key player for us in the future, just not in 2024.

We’ve gone from big footy meltdowns that we have no talls to we can't fit them all in. Its funny the options we could have without injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

McStay and Mihocek pick themselves. The question is Kreuger vs. Cox.

With Mihocek back in the side and presumably Frampton back, I think the real window for Kreuger to prove his worth actually begins against the Suns as he'll need to chop out ruck. I hope he succeeds, but my head says in a final I'd rather Cox as the second ruck. Kreuger's worth as a forward is less when Mihocek and McStay play, and he can't ruck like Cox.

If we go into a final playing Kreuger as the second ruckman then Swans just play Grundy, Blues just play TDK and so forth.
Kreug's enables them to play extra running players.

If we go in with Cameron and Cox, they HAVE to pick another ruckman....and that slows them down. We've played that way for 2-3 years....our speed is spread out across the field. But if oppo teams have to play the second ruck to counter Coxzilla....then it slows them down.

If we go into a final playing Kreuger as the second ruckman then Swans just play Grundy, Blues just play TDK and so forth.
Kreug's enables them to play extra running players.

If we go in with Cameron and Cox, they HAVE to pick another ruckman....and that slows them down. We've played that way for 2-3 years....our speed is spread out across the field. But if oppo teams have to play the second ruck to counter Coxzilla....then it slows them down.
I don't think they'd change for 15% game time against Cox. But if Cox is in form you play him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2024 Best 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Back