Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
once read fernando's vocals from moonspell described as 'trying to seduce everything', haha. spot on really.

i have a soft spot for sin/pecado. also butterfly effect though the goth tendencies and lyrics can be nauseating (see the song 'selfabuse'). really do love pecado though.

[youtube]sZZpbgwKfz4[/youtube]

The song Lustmord from The Butterfly Effect was great....didn't mind the Irreligious and Memorial albums myself....

Sounds great Ed. Did they play "Not Unlike the Waves" though...their finest moment?

nope. :( didn't play that one either! next time, i hope! :D would have been epic if they had mixed it up with a few of the acoustic songs to like desolation song etc..

Loving Mastodon atm! Leviathan is awesome as is Blood Mountain, Crack the Skye and The Hunter!

Loving Mastodon atm! Leviathan is awesome as is Blood Mountain, Crack the Skye and The Hunter!

Remission is great, too. Grittier and much less 'proggy'. Infact I would vote this next song the 'best metal tune of the 00s'

[youtube]muFtXyTZKKY[/youtube]

Off to see Amon Amarth at the Hi Fi bar in Brisbane tomorrow night. Anyone seen them around Australia yet??

I'm so saddened, that i had to give up my ticket, but hopefully, my friend can get me a t-shirt. :D

[youtube]aUu7dvSfnTo[/youtube]

new royal thunder is around the corner. looking forward to this. vocals bordering on overproduced, though, compared to the 'almost legendary' ep below. need to let the simplicity speak for itself instead of trying to milk her voice for everything.

[youtube]eYYNeZtdNUE[/youtube]

some interesting and slightly heavier stuff i have come across

[youtube]SrT0N5yEA5Q[/youtube]

song at 1:30, **** at 3:00. not sure they have the chops to match their video just yet, though there is a touch of garm/arcturus to it all.

[youtube]1hnrUSJriS8[/youtube]

grindcore from... saudi arabia. some good songs and some too long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm so saddened, that i had to give up my ticket, but hopefully, my friend can get me a t-shirt. :D

Was thinking of you on the way there, was going to FB post to get your tshirt size. Unfortunately rum got in the way..... AA were great on stage, really know what they are good at and do it loudly for 2 hours.

Was thinking of you on the way there, was going to FB post to get your tshirt size. Unfortunately rum got in the way..... AA were great on stage, really know what they are good at and do it loudly for 2 hours.

Thanks for the thought anyway mate, but a friend who got my ticket, is getting me a shirt. :D

Glad it was worth while. :thumbsu:

Big week coming up for new releases with Paradise Lost on April 23 and Moonspell on April 27.

Anyone into Swallow the Sun? Currently touring in Europe with Moonspell, give it a listen

[youtube]8WYUfsdjHWM[/youtube]

Big week coming up for new releases with Paradise Lost on April 23 and Moonspell on April 27.

Anyone into Swallow the Sun? Currently touring in Europe with Moonspell, give it a listen
Tour is in November. Sound nice, but Pain are headliner, which will make it more expensive and probably gives other bands less playing time. Don't think it will be a good value tour...

Swallow the Sun are great and so is their new album. Similar band that i like is Daylight Dies, making a new album, but not sure of the progress though of that album.

Anybody into a black metal band called Naglfar? Recently, released Teras, great album from a great band, check them out. :)

Swallow the Sun are great and so is their new album. Similar band that i like is Daylight Dies, making a new album, but not sure of the progress though of that album.

Anybody into a black metal band called Naglfar? Recently, released Teras, great album from a great band, check them out. :)

Naglfar, not really into them, however I did see them live a few years back from memory. I'll get one of their albums tonight and see. Cheers

Hoping to see them on Thursday, uni permitting. Havent listened to their latest album at all, should probably get onto that

It's quite good stock-standard Amon Amarth mate, even though, it's one of the best albums of 2011 for mine, a solid album, definately worth checking out. :thumbsu:

Anybody into a band called Necrophobic from Stockholm, Sweden? They're not bad, just gotten into them recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back