Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've just creamed my pants listening to it. :thumbsu:

Wow, does not take much. :D

Yeah its a pretty good spin. No weak songs. A bit more restrained than the previous one which was kinda a real statement of intent being a comeback album and all. Much more melodic and more focus on crafting genuine 'songs'. Very Metal Heart/Russian Roulette in that regard.

lol @ sloth. will listen to 'we are death fukk you' in his honour.

-------------------

new mares of thrace

sounding much better than the previous album. more intent on rocking out instead of creating delicate metalcore harmonies. i would still do nasty things to either of them, so long as the guitarists hair is back otherwise she starts to look like kirk hammett :eek:

[youtube]ktTWRWyD_Xc[/youtube]

found a doom/death band called anhedonist. sound like a cross between disembowelment and incantation, right up my alley. not afraid of faster bits but also put in some of those melodicy doom bits ala MDB or even skepticism.

[youtube]M7BT7Vhf-eM[/youtube]

lapageria rosea. 'naturalist' black metal, this stuff is odd. named after the chilean national flower, picture of a naked man in the woods on the cover.

[youtube]sutK9QLMtsU[/youtube]

new burzum is meh

found a doom/death band called anhedonist. sound like a cross between disembowelment and incantation, right up my alley. not afraid of faster bits but also put in some of those melodicy doom bits ala MDB or even skepticism.

[youtube]M7BT7Vhf-eM[/youtube]

Yeah I thought this was going to get a 2012 release but had kinda forgotten about it. Had a friend who kept talking up the 2009/2010 (?) demo.

Also try the new Inverloch "Dusk/Subside".

Returned from overseas this morning, and now pumping out Moonspell's double cd, Alpha Noir and Omega White, does not dissapoint I can tell you.

During my trip, I pumped put Paradise Losts Tragic Idol on repeat, great album!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also try the new Inverloch "Dusk/Subside".

caught a few tracks not long ago, sounds pretty good.

----------------

holy shit - new martire. the similarities to bestial warlust (constant drum fills, sloppiness, screechy solos at any given moment) makes me very happy in the pants. from adelaide. will have to investigate their back catalogue.

[youtube]Rlkcwpnptwg[/youtube]

thread could always use more grindcore. new cripple bastards ep

[youtube]1OGV4SxzQ8o[/youtube]

speaking of which, been making use of the documentaries that popped up on youtube since video length was relaxed.

-- documentary is called 'grindcore' but looks like it relates more to the grindcrusher tour. includes a younger but still old-looking shane emburey.

[youtube]R4mNmw2Azeo[/youtube]

mayhem doc. they need to do a documentary about just dead himself.

[youtube]7h9XzRdFIhc[/youtube]

-- documentary is called 'grindcore' but looks like it relates more to the grindcrusher tour. includes a younger but still old-looking shane emburey.

[youtube]R4mNmw2Azeo[/youtube]

haha - I used to have that one on VHS many many years ago...
:D

holy shit - new martire. the similarities to bestial warlust (constant drum fills, sloppiness, screechy solos at any given moment) makes me very happy in the pants. from adelaide. will have to investigate their back catalogue.

[youtube]Rlkcwpnptwg[/youtube]
Yeah, the '91 selftitled Ep is very, very good.

PS Did not know they released an full-lenght a few days ago...

PPS New Song is great. Need to buy it.

From the Profound Lore website: "The new EVOKEN album will be entitled "Atra Mors" and will be set for a July 31st release date. It will also be our official 100th release."

I checked out a few tracks on youtube, It didn't sound too bad. Just more of the same Progressive, atmospheric rock of course but it has it's moments.

Yeah from the few bits & pieces I have read about the album that is about what I expected Nickos. I loved the last album actually but am growing a little tired of the sameness of their last decade.

Dunno, probably rather just go and listen to Coldplay.

New Paradise Lost is a real grower guys....really loving it now.:thumbsu:

New Crazy Lixx is pretty good too (for those of you who like modern sleaze metal).

[YOUTUBE]Pdw3ZTk7E00[/YOUTUBE]
Not a bad metalcore band for fans of the genre.

A very over-saturated genre, no doubt, but Adestria do a solid job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back