Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out this French band 'Uneven Structure'. It's djent-y and progressive, and a whole lot more. Epic, atmospheric, ambient as well as heavy and technical.

http://basickrecords.bandcamp.com/album/februus

French metal has come ahead in leaps and bounds in recent years: Gojira, Dagoba, Hacride, Scarve, Uneven Structure etc etc...

Second half of song reminds me a lot of Karnivool.

Yeah discovered Peccatum recently. Love that song and clip. Couldn't get the chorus out of my head for weeks.

The dude in the chesty bond shirt creeps me out a bit though.

came across this recently. another one that sits in that space between doom and sludge with a bit of melody to it (ala atlas moth which i posted some time ago). singer reminds me of tomi from early amorphis.

[youtube]-7_x0bzZQLA[/youtube]

I'm interesred, can't decide between them and Bush at soundwave. I like them but i wouldn't say Im a huge fan. If they play a decent amount from Draconian Times it might be enough to get me there.

In a recent interview Nick Holmes said that in Australia they will essentially play a "best-of" set list with a focus on Draconian Times.

They are a strong chance to debut one new song "Honesty in Death", if all goes well. FYI - there is already one song released from the new album called 'Crucify', which sounds good...pretty much Faith Divides Us part II.

In a recent interview Nick Holmes said that in Australia they will essentially play a "best-of" set list with a focus on Draconian Times.

They are a strong chance to debut one new song "Honesty in Death", if all goes well. FYI - there is already one song released from the new album called 'Crucify', which sounds good...pretty much Faith Divides Us part II.

You going mate? i'm seriously looking fwd to it, would not expect a long set.

Turisas are first up, have not seen them for a couple of years, and have not been listening to them recently either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really digging these guys, has the best production of any self-recorded band I've ever heard, hopefully they get signed soon.

[YOUTUBE]a0iZmMleoLk[/YOUTUBE]

Also these guys. The guitar tone is just immense and the clean bits actually sound creepy.

[YOUTUBE]KnaClnVnj_c[/YOUTUBE]

Check out this French band 'Uneven Structure'. It's djent-y and progressive, and a whole lot more. Epic, atmospheric, ambient as well as heavy and technical.

http://basickrecords.bandcamp.com/album/februus

French metal has come ahead in leaps and bounds in recent years: Gojira, Dagoba, Hacride, Scarve, Uneven Structure etc etc...

Structures, Uneven Structure and Substructure should do a tour together :D. I'd willing to pay more for that than for Soundwave tbh.

You going mate? i'm seriously looking fwd to it, would not expect a long set.
Turisas are first up, have not seen them for a couple of years, and have not been listening to them recently either.

Hey yeah I am going. Won't be there for Turisas and am not hanging round for Catherdral either.

Will be wearing my Faith Divides Us t-shirt. There is some footage online of their 2 song set in Brisbane :eek: (some cable got pulled or something accidentally)....

Paradise Lost played for maybe 50 minutes last night at a pretty well populated Espy. The new song was well received..reminded me somewhat of Universal Dream from the last album..in style and sound. Total of 9 songs but nothing from ICON which is a huge disappointment...set was too short for such a huge back catalogue - but overal not bad at all.:thumbsu:

Go Hawks - what did you think??

Really digging these guys, has the best production of any self-recorded band I've ever heard, hopefully they get signed soon.

[youtube]a0iZmMleoLk[/youtube]

Also these guys. The guitar tone is just immense and the clean bits actually sound creepy.

[youtube]KnaClnVnj_c[/youtube]

Substructure sounds awesome, just the kind of stuff I'm looking for, cheers!

Bought Vildhartja's album, having a little difficulty getting into it. They're songs are just a little obscure and unstructured for me.

Hey dee yes I was there. Good turnout.

Turisas started late at 8.10 and played at most 25 mins. Very strong live performance and really a pity that they had so little time but better than nothing, played battle to holmgard, Rasputin and finished with battle metal. Great energy.

Paradise lost:

As dee said around 45- 50 mins.

Overall great to see them live as this was the first time for me.

As they started, there was an issue with the vocals, not a great soundcheck, improved within 10 mins. Good live performance. Very surprised they played a new track with such a short set, it sounded good look forward to hearing the new album. From memory only one track from the most recent album which was 'faith divides us...' which I was real happy to hear live.

As I say, would have loved a longer set but that's life.

I am not a fan of cathedral, and I'd say most of the crowd were there for turisas and paradise lost.

Great to hear quality metal in Melbourne!

Hey dee yes I was there. Good turnout.

Turisas started late at 8.10 and played at most 25 mins. Very strong live performance and really a pity that they had so little time but better than nothing, played battle to holmgard, Rasputin and finished with battle metal. Great energy.

Paradise lost:

As dee said around 45- 50 mins.

Overall great to see them live as this was the first time for me.

As they started, there was an issue with the vocals, not a great soundcheck, improved within 10 mins. Good live performance. Very surprised they played a new track with such a short set, it sounded good look forward to hearing the new album. From memory only one track from the most recent album which was 'faith divides us...' which I was real happy to hear live.

As I say, would have loved a longer set but that's life.

I am not a fan of cathedral, and I'd say most of the crowd were there for turisas and paradise lost.

Great to hear quality metal in Melbourne!

You don't have to go to see big overseas bands to hear quality metal in Melbourne.

You don't have to go to see big overseas bands to hear quality metal in Melbourne.

Yes I agree roddy, I am sure you understood the context which was international bands.

[YOUTUBE]dN_XwGHp7Bs[/YOUTUBE]
Just remembered how good this is. But it ages ago for cheap because of the cover. Unluckily everything expect this 7inch is hard to get. Can't even find a download...

Ps Why does this youtube embedding work different to all other boards I know?

Some of the best metal bands in the world are in Melbourne.

I was at Aus grind early last year and every band were awesome.

And none of the usual were there who are awesome as well.

We seem to get wowed by overseas acts and show up in droves but the local venues are empty when the quality is the same.

I don't understand and the tickets are cheaper as well as the drinks lol.

I might have a look at Soundwave next year.

Hopefully full of Aussie bands.

Smasha and roddy....

What are your regular gigs that you attend?

I am happy to get back into the local scene, but have been away for a while, and recently single so not restricted by my missus.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back