Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
BigFooty Olympics logo 500PX.png
Welcome to the BigFooty's Inaugural Olympiad in 2018. We all hope you enjoy your stay and have a great, safe time being harmonious with your fellow countries.

BRIEF:
Designers will create a make-believe country of your choice (provided it does not directly resemble a real nation) and create the following, handing them up separately and by their individual due dates:
- National flag*
- IOC member logo*
- Athletics shirt/singlet
- Baseball
- Basketball uniform
- Ice hockey uniform
- Soccer kit (shorts and socks)
- AFL guernsey (shorts and socks)

- Opening Closing Ceremony attire

* = These will be included in a bonus round thread.

You CAN use past/present "NationStates" in the BigFooty Olympics.

HOW THE OLYMPICS WILL BE RUN:
The designers' 16 nations will be put in a draw for EACH event, which should create FOUR groups of FOUR nations. Once those formalities are completed, there will be a round robin-style group stage, where nations will play each other twice. The two highest nations in their respective groups will automatically go through to a knockout round, as well as the two best third-placed teams of all groups.

BIDDING:
Your bid must consist of:
- Full IOC recognised name (e.g. People's Republic of China, Russian Federation)
- Short name
- National colours
You must be able to say the full name of your country yourself. No reason...

Please have your bids in by the 25th of February.
Any questions, please direct them to Spanna_ and/or moi.

Last edited:
Your bid must consist of:
- Full IOC recognised name: The Rogue Nation of Povlov
- Short name: Povlov
- National colours: Povlovian Gold, Povlovian Red, Povlovian Green, Povlovian Blue.
Povlov Flag.png

Just before I consider my bid, how much time are we looking at to get our entries for each sport in? Will it be footy one week, then soccer a fortnight later, then basketball a fortnight later etc? Or will you need everything at once?

Obviously it's a massive project

Can we choose not to enter certain events if we don't have time?

- Full IOC recognised name: The Republic of Vryheed
- Short name: Vryheed
- National colours: Black, White, Vryheedian Orange and Freedom Gold

:Edit: there was some talk about everyone using the same templates in the comps thread. There's no mention of this in the OP so I'm assuming we're free to do as we please as long as it follows the guidelines set for each kit/outfit?

Just before I consider my bid, how much time are we looking at to get our entries for each sport in? Will it be footy one week, then soccer a fortnight later, then basketball a fortnight later etc? Or will you need everything at once?

Obviously it's a massive project

Can we choose not to enter certain events if we don't have time?
Understood. I believe we will start with the lesser popular sports and end with a big bang, so soccer and AFL will be last.
Staggered deadlines are a good idea. Keeps everyone interested.
:Edit: there was some talk about everyone using the same templates in the comps thread. There's no mention of this in the OP so I'm assuming we're free to do as we please as long as it follows the guidelines set for each kit/outfit?
Do as you please, correct :thumbsu:
I feel like for some of the lesser events, we'll all get similar templates anyway, unless someone creates unique ones for themselves.
What are the requirements for an Ice hockey uniform outside of the jersey? opening ceremony attire would be good to know as well.
For soccer and footy, socks and shorts are required, however ice hockey is up to you.

Opening ceremony attire can be up to your disgression. Think of some of traditional ponchos, colourful tracksuits. Anything!
They are optional, it's just added as a bit of fun on the side :)

Last edited:
For soccer and footy, socks and shorts are required, however ice hockey is up to you.

Opening ceremony attire can be up to your disgression. Think of some of traditional ponchos, colourful tracksuits. Anything!
They are optional, it's just added as a bit of fun on the side :)
I might take some of the more niche sports to do some interesting things with my templates/presentation then!

Understood. I believe we will start with the lesser popular sports and end with a big bang, so soccer and AFL will be last.
Staggered deadlines are a good idea. Keeps everyone interested.

Cool. Yeah I feel like i'll probably enter if they're staggered but possibly not every single sport. I guess no different to the actual olympics, i'll just miss out on potential medals for that event.

Cool. Yeah I feel like i'll probably enter if they're staggered but possibly not every single sport. I guess no different to the actual olympics, i'll just miss out on potential medals for that event.
Exactly. In that case, if we don't get the 16 entries per sport, some surprise packets can enter for the one sport we need, a la Cool Runnings at the Winter Olympics.

- Full IOC recognised name (e.g. People's Republic of China, Russian Federation) - The Most Serene Republic of Phoronu
Phoronu%20Flag%20tiny_zpsxgtakdkq.png

- Short name - Phoronu
- National colours
- Blue Zodiac, Sangria, Tree Poppy, and White

Last edited:
- Full IOC recognised name (e.g. People's Republic of China, Russian Federation) - The Commonwealth of New Edmund (Olympic Committee of New Edmund)
- Short name - New Edmund
- Code - (EDM)
- National colours
- Black, Dark Red, White, Grey
- The National Flag of New Edmund -
upload_2018-2-4_12-2-45.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few things I would like to ask,
1. I have enquired previously about bidding as a host city for the inaugural Bigfooty Olympics. Is there any update if you would consider opening bidding for host cities?
2. There was talk about everyone using the same template. Will this still occur? If not will we at least be provided with a list of templates for each event that we can use and/or are other users willing to share their templates to make this process the more easier?
3. In the OP it stated that we need to include both the logo and flag on our designs, does it count if the flag is incorporated in our logo.
4. Are we allowed to include sponsors/manufacturers on the designs?
5. Are we required to include numbers/names and the country name on the chest?
6. Are we allowed to incorporate each sport under the same design just suited to the different templates/designs?
7. Is each country required to participate in EACH event or can we chose which events we participate in?

A few things I would like to ask,
1. I have enquired previously about bidding as a host city for the inaugural Bigfooty Olympics. Is there any update if you would consider opening bidding for host cities?
You have. Considering you're the only one to bid (and care), I think you'd have it by default anyway.. But there's no plan for host city/country bidding :p
2. There was talk about everyone using the same template. Will this still occur? If not will we at least be provided with a list of templates for each event that we can use and/or are other users willing to share their templates to make this process the more easier?
We could try to help as much as we can with default templates, but I feel like it's much more rewarding in the long-run to create your own templates. Personally I'll be trying to create my own.
3. In the OP it stated that we need to include both the logo and flag on our designs, does it count if the flag is incorporated in our logo.
I'll accept that.
Manufacturers, yes. Have there been sponsors in the Olympics, apart from official IOC sponsors?
5. Are we required to include numbers/names and the country name on the chest?
Names and numbers are required.
Chest names are completely up to you. I feel like for some sports that is pretty standard to have country names on the chest (e.g. athletics, basketball)
6. Are we allowed to incorporate each sport under the same design just suited to the different templates/designs?
The one design over every sport? It's risky, but I'm not banning it.
7. Is each country required to participate in EACH event or can we chose which events we participate in?
You have more of a chance of winning the whole comp if you're in all of them ;) But it's completely up to you! We can always get fill-in countries.

Considering you're the only one to bid (and care), I think you'd have it by default anyway..

Phoronu's capital city New Phoronus was going to place a bid to host, but we are currently experiencing a small issue with one of our neighbours and due to the military action being taken, we believe that it is not in our best interest to spend money on an Olympic Games at this time and for us to divert those funds towards our military.

Manufacturers, yes. Have there been sponsors in the Olympics, apart from official IOC sponsors?

No sponsors are allowed to be worn on teams uniforms in the actual Olympics.

Phoronu's capital city New Phoronus was going to place a bid to host, but we are currently experiencing a small issue with one of our neighbours and due to the military action being taken, we believe that it is not in our best interest to spend money on an Olympic Games at this time and for us to divert those funds towards our military.

No sponsors are allowed to be worn on teams uniforms in the actual Olympics.
Having spoken to the president of Povlov, I know they were keen in bidding

- Full IOC recognised name (e.g. People's Republic of China, Russian Federation) - The Commonwealth of New Edmund
- Short name - New Edmund
- National colours
- TBC (I have a few in mind are people happy to help me choose?)
- The National Flag of New Edmund:

View attachment 456229
The Flag of New Edmund:
The Eight-Pointed Star which is known as Edmunation Star features predominately in the center of the New Edmund flag. It symbolizes the whole of New Edmund with each point reflecting each of the Territories and States of the whole country. Each of the points of the golden cross symbolizes that we are united from each part of the country which all comes together as one country which reflects the Star.
I think you can do better than this. This is very much an Australia knock off. Branch out. Go wild. Be creative with it! I challenge you to overhaul everything in this post (without ANYONE'S help - trust me, you'll be better for it!).

Remove this Banner Ad

Competition BigFooty Olympics I - Bidding Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back