Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
Well, everyone else has been doing it, and well, some of us do give predictions in the Matchday topics, I figured this time we go full blown on this one.

Introducing the Premier League Tipping Competition. Ever wondered if you’re better than Lawro when it comes to calling the results? Why not prove it for real with our tipping comp?

I'm starting a Superbru Competition, and would like to get as many of us as possible to enter the competition. The competition is for bragging rights (Perhaps maybe with a Footy Flog badge for the winner?) only on which one of us can predict the season the best. It will also be handy to store all the tips and mark depending on performance without trying to get all the tips from everyone via PM.

I hope this idea appeals to you. If so, I will create a pool, and invite you all to join. I'm getting it started early if only to see what sort of numbers we will be getting.

For those interested, here are the details:

http://www.superbru.com/premierleague_predictor/pool.php?p=11589209
Pool name: Bigfooty Premier League Pool
Pool code: domerift

Please use your forum name here, it will make it easier for me to approve your application into the competition.

Also, I should note, the Exact Score Tipping Champ is back! What is that? Tip 7+ exact scores in a round, and you can win some money. Of course, it is very tricky, but if you can pull it off... oh yeah.

Prizes are:
7 exact scores: $1,800
8 exact scores: $4,500
9 exact scores: $9,000
10 exact scores: $18,000

You don't even have to do the whole comp, just round by round is enough.

Last edited:

i think i joined it

All good, you're in!

Does it send email alerts for tips? If so I'm in

Yes it does, you'll get a reminder that the next week of picks is open, and another one the day before if you haven't submitted your picks. Of course, should I start the Matchday topic, I will leave the link in my post.

Sounds good! I did alright the last two years with Fox Sports tipping so I'll see if I can stay on top with both.

Good to hear! Though there is one major difference I should note. While Fox's tipping rewards you more for picking the result less picked, Superbru's awards you for picking an accurate result. So say if Hull wins 3-1 over Boro. You will get a point for the right result, and some extra points depending on how close you got to the result (they cover both goal difference and number of goals scored, so you can't just say 1-0 and expect to get points. A 4-2 would rate better than a 1-0 for example in this case.) You will also get extra points if you were the closest to the result (like a time bonus at the Giro).

It's nice that you can pick Hull as the winner, but how convincing a winner do you think Hull can be? That is up to you to determine.

I've joined up. If I 'submit tips' can I edit them later?

"Picks may be changed before kick-off as long as you do not lock them."

Just joined up, hopefully I remember to do the tips haha

I've joined up. If I 'submit tips' can I edit them later?
"Picks may be changed before kick-off as long as you do not lock them."

Just joined up, hopefully I remember to do the tips haha

Heh, the question has been answered. You can change them anytime up until kickoff.

One thing I should ask is if we should be able to see what the others tipped, or should we leave that to be a mystery until the big game? Currently, they are set to 'Only reveal when you've made a tip.'

Thanks a lot! I have approved your applications! As noted, you will be given a weekly reminder, along with a reminder the day before if you haven't submitted anything. Of course, should I start the Matchday Topic, I will supply a direct link for your convenience.

Hopefully we'll get some more as we approach the first game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In!
I think we keep tips hidden until the round starts? Will be better, especially towards the end when it get's closer.

I think we can go with that. It will keep things free from bias and makes you have to think for yourself what the result is going to be.

Looks like we have our fantasy team topic up. How about some tipping to go with it? There's no fancy names, but you'll look real awesome if you manage to tip all 10 and are able to predict the infamous 5-3 result to make yourself look like a Supoerflog!

A little over two weeks to go before we get started here.

If you're able to do Fantasy, then surely you'll have a little time for tipping, eh?

We've got a decent group so far, and we're looking for more to see who really knows their stuff!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back