Mayneman

Club Legend
Suspended
Apr 5, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tendai Mzungu.

Watched him for the last 4 years waiting for it to click. This year it all came together.

Will only get stronger and fitter with an AFL pre-season under his belt.

Has elite skills, great pair of hands overhead and loves to run and carry.

Get on board. :thumbsu:

Said this in the other thread:

I certainly see a lot of Broughton in his defensive efforts, but the way he brings other players into the game and determines the play by varying his pace and shaping his kicks - reminds me a little of Aaron Davey. It's a sort of time and space thing with his movement around the ground that's difficult to quantify.

Not sure about bigger than Barlow. No sign of similar time and space in congestion that Barlow has. His outside game looks AFL ready, his kicking skills are excellent. Should be good to see him build on this in the AFL system.

• Banned
Said this in the other thread:

Not sure about bigger than Barlow. No sign of similar time and space in congestion that Barlow has. His outside game looks AFL ready, his kicking skills are excellent. Should be good to see him build on this in the AFL system.

Barlow is fantastic on the inside no doubt.

Tendai will influence games with his footskills in a manner similar to Hill.

His diposal is excellent. If, as we all think he will, he plays Broughtons HBF position he will work hard enough to free himself up and direct play from the back half.

His kicking is outstanding.

• Banned
GC were allowed to pre-list players, who they could claim as their own and then trade for draft picks.

We have jagged two from them. Faulks and Mzungu.

GC were allowed to pre-list players, who they could claim as their own and then trade for draft picks.

We have jagged two from them. Faulks and Mzungu.

Very good moves by Freo dealing quietly with GC - no jagging at all.

Notice all the media and supporter crap relating to WCE getting Krakouer - didn't that work out for them :D

Though i do think Krakouer being based in Melb won't achieve in AFL what they are expecting - no support/family mentorship that has helped dramatically his WAFL form/attitudes - expect him to come undone in the Melb environment

Very good moves by Freo dealing quietly with GC - no jagging at all.

Notice all the media and supporter crap relating to WCE getting Krakouer - didn't that work out for them :D

Though i do think Krakouer being based in Melb won't achieve in AFL what they are expecting - no support/family mentorship that has helped dramatically his WAFL form/attitudes - expect him to come undone in the Melb environment
I think he'll be fine.

I don't like the idea of Mzungu taking Broughton's spot. Broughton is an elite defender and I'll back him in a one on one no matter what the circumstances. His ability to win contests in the back half is wasted when he plays in the midfield, despite how awesome he is at playing in the guts as well.

The only problem with Greg Broughton is that we only have one of him. But I'd rather see Roger go to the forward line than Broughton to the middle.

Tendai Mzungu.

Watched him for the last 4 years waiting for it to click. This year it all came together.

If he has a docker jumper on thats good enough for me i am in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like the idea of Mzungu taking Broughton's spot. Broughton is an elite defender and I'll back him in a one on one no matter what the circumstances. His ability to win contests in the back half is wasted when he plays in the midfield, despite how awesome he is at playing in the guts as well.

The only problem with Greg Broughton is that we only have one of him. But I'd rather see Roger go to the forward line than Broughton to the middle.

I think Roger may be starting to be phased out in the next year.

Tendai Mzungu.

With all due respect Mayneman, I love your passion but I'll wait and see before getting on board.

I hope you're right but I saw 4 or 5 of his games this year and the same last year and he didn't blow me away like some are suggesting. I also don't like the fact that he has come on so quickly. Perhaps this year was a flash in the pan? From all accounts his previous 4 or 5 years prior to 2009 have been very ordinary. Why is that?

Having said all that, our recruiters are really switched on to talent now and if they think he can make it then I'm sure it won't be long until I jump on board.

I do think we need to settle down just a bit though.;)

I'm coming into this subject late, but how did Mzungu end up on GC's list they could play with ?.

Was he AFL listed before ?.

GC could pre-list anyone who has been on a list OR nominated for a draft. Tendai nominated last year but wasn't picked up.

Ok so I'm curious about this guy.

Port made a play for Andrew Walker from the Blues in trade week, as a Krakouer run and carry HBF replacement. This guy can kick so he already sounds infinitely better to me.

One question:

If he had all the tools to be a gun AFL player, instead of keeping him, (or at the least making you guys use a pick on him, even a late one which they wouldn't have used), why did they give him to you (basically) for nothing?

But I'd rather see Roger go to the forward line than Broughton to the middle.

Spot on.

Remember Headland started the year up there and was good, now he's gone. Haselby was another option, now he's gone.

Hayden can move up there and be just as effective, he sets up a lot of play when he's moved forward and reads the play very well.

Mzungu to the back line to take Hayden's old spot.

Ok so I'm curious about this guy.

Port made a play for Andrew Walker from the Blues in trade week, as a Krakouer run and carry HBF replacement. This guy can kick so he already sounds infinitely better to me.

One question:

If he had all the tools to be a gun AFL player, instead of keeping him, (or at the least making you guys use a pick on him, even a late one which they wouldn't have used), why did they give him to you (basically) for nothing?

Probably because he'll be 25 when the season starts next year might not fit into their building plans and they don't want too many spots in that starting 22 taken by 'mature' players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bigger than Barlow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back