Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. No ligament damage yet he's going to miss 6-8 weeks?? Very strange
Surgery. You can recover from an acl in 7-9 months without surgery. You just don't know if it will work. Surgery ups the success rate but also the recovery time to 9-12 months.

Same with anything else. Once surgeries involved you have to be conservative with recovery times. Even keyhole cleanouts

There are numerous types of meniscus tears. I suggest it is impacting the stability of the knee cap, hence the longer recovery time.

Not sure the deal with Pittonet. He ruptured his PCL last year. Not sure if the current stint on the sidelines is related. Surprised he was given such a long contract extension tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We would have won by another 5 goals if H had have played out the game. His marking up the ground with CC on Jonas would have been huge. We also had difficulties bring the ball out of defence at times.

Maybe. Maybe not.

H going down all but nullified one of Port's greatest strengths - Aliir and his intercept game.

With both twin towers up and running Aliir has more freedom to move up the ground and zone off when required. So yes it's far from ideal H went down but it did force us to change up the forward structure (which worked, obviously) AND forced a major restructure by Port.

There are numerous types of meniscus tears. I suggest it is impacting the stability of the knee cap, hence the longer recovery time.

Not sure the deal with Pittonet. He ruptured his PCL last year. Not sure if the current stint on the sidelines is related. Surprised he was given such a long contract extension tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Missed 2 games only!

(but every injury is different granted)

Shame about Harry. I know the media storyline has been all about his goal kicking, but he's been a weapon for us around the ground. Reckon we'll miss his contested marks between the arcs - that's hard to replace.

Still, the forward line is in the process of recreating itself at the moment, and this might spur another evolution. Perhaps be the making of JSOS?

And let's hope Cerra is OK - although this week might be the week to miss. Would rather his right for the pies than take any risk

Yes I was hoping for strain and bone bruising out for 3.
Maybe this will be more straight forward as bone bruising can linger

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
See above, Doc had the 'same' injury.

Club said 4-6, he missed 2 games.... 3 weeks essentially.

Harry younger and just as dedicated as Doc, the Club will provide stellar rehab no doubt.

Back for the Sainters.... (fingers crossed)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not too bad for Harry and especially with the pre final bye at the worst case he could be back by a first final.. he seems a reasonable healer (all that yoghurt he eats) so maybe we might get lucky and he's back for the final game of the season.

McKay injury duration has to be worse case scenario. Our record bringing players back from this sort of thing has been excellent. I'm going to guess it's going to 3-4.

Cerra, you just don't play him. Don't need him this week. Dow comes in for him for a full game, maybe Carroll as well and we still beat them by plenty.

Not too bad for Harry and especially with the pre final bye at the worst case he could be back by a first final.. he seems a reasonable healer (all that yoghurt he eats) so maybe we might get lucky and he's back for the final game of the season.
Doc had exactly the 'same' injury, end of Rd 4.

The Club said 4 to 6, he missed 2 games....

And they'll give Harry (*just like Doc), Platinum + service in rehab.

Doc had exactly the 'same' injury, end of Rd 4.

The Club said 4 to 6, he missed 2 games....

And they'll give Harry (*just like Doc), Platinum + service in rehab.
Doc is some kinda special though and to survive what he'd been through with illness and knees and come back as he has I don't think 99% of AFL players or humans would have been able to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back