Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was serious in forging an AFL career you need to make professional decisions. More than likely cost him that opportunity now.
I can’t agree with that negative mindset. His transition will be slowed, but let’s not write the lad off yet. The timing lends itself to him splitting his rehab time at home and with the Blues. Keep his head in a reasonable space with time at home.
Will also allow some education on the finer points of the game as well as some concentrated skills work combined with the latter part of his rehab.

His interviews show a focussed and grounded lad who we could expect to maximise the possible benefits of his down time.

Obviously gives us the opportunity to sign a replacement player through SSP. Either mature depth or a speculative kid who slips through the draft. Not a great supporter of the idea, but would give us the opportunity to grab Crozier if we were, in fact, seriously considering him. “Freebie” for 12 months.

This is, of course, assuming he is/was the Cat A rookie as originally reported.

I can’t agree with that negative mindset. His transition will be slowed, but let’s not write the lad off yet. The timing lends itself to him splitting his rehab time at home and with the Blues. Keep his head in a reasonable space with time at home.
Will also allow some education on the finer points of the game as well as some concentrated skills work combined with the latter part of his rehab.

His interviews show a focussed and grounded lad who we could expect to maximise the possible benefits of his down time.

Obviously gives us the opportunity to sign a replacement player through SSP. Either mature depth or a speculative kid who slips through the draft. Not a great supporter of the idea, but would give us the opportunity to grab Crozier if we were, in fact, seriously considering him. “Freebie” for 12 months.

This is, of course, assuming he is/was the Cat A rookie as originally reported.
Crozier? Another 30 year old half back flanker? What purpose does that bring?

Is Mark O’Connor (premiership player) serious about his AFL career?
Also playing Gaelic footy = to keep fit & also enjoy their native game at the same time.

We gave our blessing, don’t think CFC are unprofessional, everyone just caught a bad break.
Just because he hasn't got injured doesn't mean it's fine. You can keep fit without playing a contact sport. Professional athletes need to make sacrifices across the board to extract the best out of themselves and at a basic level meet contractual obligations.

I'm more upset at the club for allowing him to play more than at the kid for actually playIng though, they should know better, he wouldn't have yet.

It's called risk mitigation.

Just because he hasn't got injured doesn't mean it's fine. You can keep fit without playing a contact sport. Professional athletes need to make sacrifices across the board to extract the best out of themselves and at a basic level meet contractual obligations.

I'm more upset at the club for allowing him to play more than at the kid for actually playIng though, they should know better, he wouldn't have yet.

It's called risk mitigation.
Depends how much we wanted him. Part of the deal for him signing with us may have been to allow him to finish his season back home.

Do we stop Charlie and TDK from surfing, Cripps getting on a motorbike back on the family farm.

A bit of bad luck but gives him a chance to get himself built to play AFL and work on his skills for 12 months.

Depends how much we wanted him. Part of the deal for him signing with us may have been to allow him to finish his season back home.

Do we stop Charlie and TDK from surfing, Cripps getting on a motorbike back on the family farm.

A bit of bad luck but gives him a chance to get himself built to play AFL and work on his skills for 12 months.
Recreational activities are generally fine I would say.

Competitive contact sports on the other hand..

It’s Gaelic footy, might have more contact/tackling at a training session here.
Difference is one is his job. The other isn't.

It was the wrong decision simple as that. It increased his injury risk dramatically then let's say going for a run or training at Ikon.

This was bad luck sure. But you make your own luck in this world, for better or worse.

It was the wrong decision simple as that. It increased his injury risk dramatically then let's say going for a run or training at Ikon.

This was bad luck sure. But you make your own luck in this world, for better or worse.

The AFL are effectively stealing the Gaelic talent. I think this gesture of good will is important, just a shame the player got hurt. I can't imagine how he feels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doing an ACL, having surgery and rehabbing in a non-elite environment is not a recipe for success. Let alone being half way around the world.
A disaster for the kid - and for us.
Shit news...but hardly a disaster for us.

Put them all in cryostasis the second the off-season starts, that way we'll also get at least 20 seasons out of them

Gaelic is semi-pro, no doubt he had a wage. That being said, I've no idea what competition he was playing in at this time of the year.

Intra-county, maybe?

s**t news...but hardly a disaster for us.
Not from a playing perspective, no.
But given both the massive time and financial investment required to get an Irish player from Point A to Point Z - and what it means for our continued investment in this aspect of list management, I’m comfortable with the description.

I guess Andrew Russell would have been twiddling his thumbs unless he had a long term injury to manage.

:rolleyes:
The Boys Homelander GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Russell when he sees a Carlton players ligament.

Jokes... Russell has been brilliant. It usually takes the coach and the sports scientist a couple of years to work things out. I am fairly confident that Russell has seen a flag with every tram he has been involved in.

Really bad news about Duffy. If the contract hasn't been signed yet I would sign him as a VFL player. Gets him here, makes him eligible for the VFL side, access to training facilities etc. Doesn't put an unavailable player on our list. Unless we can LTI list him and pick another player.

I have no issued with him playing Gaelic football. Same risk getting hurt playing Aussie Rules or doing match sim. Can't cotton wool blokes.

The Boys Homelander GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Russell when he sees a Carlton players ligament.

Jokes... Russell has been brilliant. It usually takes the coach and the sports scientist a couple of years to work things out. I am fairly confident that Russell has seen a flag with every tram he has been involved in.
Not the Number 96 to St Kilda. No flags allowed on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back