Bluebirds

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogmat

Debutant
Oct 3, 2007
Docklands
AFL Club
Carlton
Thought I would just divert most of the recent draft discussion to a totally unrelated topic for a moment ...

I was just going through blueseum to check out the stats behind some of the numbers that the new boys were presented with today. And I stumbled across some Blues Nostaligia being the Bluebirds.

Now I was a youngster at the time, but I still remember everybody talking about or mentioning the Bluebirds and they created quite the stir back in their time. They were quite popular during their day. Just wondering if there was any opportunity for them to make a comeback and whether we could create some extra gate activity if we brought back the cheerleader concept - especially since we have history.

I know its a bit cheezy and American ... but I see it having the ability to create the same type of marketing stir as "They Know We're Coming" had for us ... which was fresh and different to everybody else ... the latest couple slogans seem tired and are not really having the same impact.

Given how popular cheerleaders have been in sport globally ... and given we have the original cheerleaders in the Bluebirds ... why not dust off the old brand name and get some value out of it ... one for the marketing guru's to ponder down Visy Park way ...

The AFL has been hammering its Respect for Women policy for the last few years. I am sure they will take a very dim view of any attempt to reintroduce cheerleaders.

I seriously doubt we will see the Bluebirds back.

BTW, we already have some very capable Bluebirds supporting the club. Aph, LMBB etc are keeping the dream alive.:D

The AFL has been hammering its Respect for Women policy for the last few years. I am sure they will take a very dim view of any attempt to reintroduce cheerleaders.

BTW, we already have some very capable Bluebirds supporting the club. Aph, LMBB etc are keeping the dream alive.:D

Aren't we promoting Respect for Women by allowing them to have greater participation on game day? Political correctness gone mad ...

Yeah i remember em.. Would be better then that Captain Blue dude running around doing cart wheels and back flips etc, i know the kids love him, but he gives me the shits.

show_image.php

Yeah i remember em.. Would be better then that Captain Blue dude running around doing cart wheels and back flips etc, i know the kids love him, but he gives me the shits.

show_image.php

I remember opposition fans always turning up when they played us ... give me the Bluebirds over Captain Blue on Steroids any day ...

You're right, you're right.... we need something classy. How about strippers with CFC shaved into their pubes? :D

show_image.php
The chick 4th from the right looks like she has a nice set of cans.

All for the idea :thumbsu:

I'm 100% behind this idea.

Was thinking recently how good cheerleaders would be instead of those ******ed looking mascots we have running around.

ps - try and see past the obvious added attraction of the "perv" factor ...

Why?

You wouldn't be at all interested in reinstating the concept if the new Bluebirds were all male.

The 'perv factor' isn't an added attraction, it's the driving force.

I'd love to get my wife more interested and involved in footy, but somehow I don't think asking her to show cleavage, and prance around in a small skirt so yobbos all across the country can have a perv will achieve this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of these ladies is the mother of Essendon draftee Alex Browne I believe. His father played some games for the Pies. Turmoil in that household now. :thumbsu:

Why?

You wouldn't be at all interested in reinstating the concept if the new Bluebirds were all male.

The 'perv factor' isn't an added attraction, it's the driving force.

I'd love to get my wife more interested and involved in footy, but somehow I don't think asking her to show cleavage, and prance around in a small skirt so yobbos all across the country can have a perv will achieve this.

...And a game where men with perfectly sculpted physiques and short shorts isn't a 'perv' for women or gay men? Besides, if your wife's not intending on being a Bluebird, what has being dressed like that got anything to do with being interested in footy? :rolleyes:

I actually have a couple of girls at work that are fellow Blues supporters and the boys call us the Bluebirds. We take over the lunch room on game day and yell loudly while discussing who the hottest player is. I always win when Shaun plays :D

I'm all for them being resurrected, but not as cheap tarts with pom poms, which is probably how it would end up anyway

Personally, I think this would be a great idea and I am all for it. I doubt we will see cheerleaders back in the AFL though. There is too much political correctness and too many crazy feminists around these days.

Note - I am not anti-womens rights or anything, but there are too many nut jobs out there that want REVERSE sexism, which isn't cool.

</rant>

Remove this Banner Ad

Bluebirds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back