Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

If we're happy to ditch owies no idea why we wouldn't give stringer 400k for 2 years
I'm with ya....with Plow retiring the end of last year, and Owies likely leaving this year, we'll need a new whipping boy.

Orazio is the up and comer, but I think Jakey could surpass him fairly quickly :thumbsu:

Saw Juddy today at a roof top bar in the city. He was accompanied by Darren glass, Mitch and Jeremy McGovern and Tyson stenglein from who I could recognise. Despite the strong Eagles presence he was wearing a white and navy shirt. This obviously means he's a bagger at heart. #Bluemour

See I don’t think it would. There’s enough internal growth in our team to come. Add to that that hopefully Charlie is over his injuries and a full year from Doc, Cerra, JSOS and Fog, more games into Lord, Ollie, Cowan and Kemp up forward.

With the 3 top draftees I mentioned, can see all 3 putting pressure on our squad and it would vastly improve our 2s imo.

We have a finals list and with some luck and even if we didn’t add Houston, we should still be there abouts. Adding some quality kids is never a bad thing and they really could be just what we need. I’m all for top end talent this year as in 3 or 4 years we are going to see an aging list and if we don’t cash in now, we could be at the opposite end of the ladder at the worst possible time.

Just my opinion though
Just trying to keep things simple, if we lose Kennedy, Owies amd Carrol, unless the draftees who come in are better, then I think we go backwards.

Even if we get full years from the players you mention, I don’t think it changes anything.

A full tllt at the draft is fine as long as you or we replace the players we cut in the short term

Just trying to keep things simple, if we lose Kennedy, Owies amd Carrol, unless the draftees who come in are better, then I think we go backwards.

Even if we get full years from the players you mention, I don’t think it changes anything.

A full tllt at the draft is fine as long as you or we replace the players we cut in the short term
Sometimes you have to ba heads to go forwards. If those guys aren’t helping us consistently win finals, then why not try move them on? Short term “pain” for long term gain would be the attitude

because Stringer associates with imps, pimps and banjo players
70S Banjo GIF

I don't see it with him
In get that it’s a 1 game highlight package but to me he looks like someone who’s big and quicker than most & gets away with it. Put him up against AFL players that shit won’t fly, doesn’t seem to have a great base skill set.
It’s one vid but I’m not impressed at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chuggas best mate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would hate to think our club wouldn’t go after a player just because we’ve traded away (if Kennedy gets traded) that players friend.

In the case of Kennedy, we had trouble fitting him in the midfield and he often drew the short straw playing out of his preferred position. Carroll is even further back in the midfield pecking order and having an impact in the senior team.

I would expect Lord showed enough to get more time in the seniors and will provide midfield coverage that MK or Carroll.had.

Also if Houston joins the team, it means Kemp will probably play more up forward and hopefully in the midfield if required which is effectively MKs role.

The more I read, see and hear about the Owies situation, the more it makes sense.

As for Stringer, no thanks. Has the ability to turn a game, win it off his own boot and is great to watch when he's on. Unfortunately he isn't anywhere near consistent enough and his worst is horrible.

Can you point to when he was at his worst? If you look at his career, it’s really consistent, his goal numbers relatively to how many games he plays is solid.

This guy who some claim to be inconsistent kicked 42 goals this year and has averaged over 1.7 goals per game for over 200 games, that’s great consistency.

He kicked goals in 21 out of 23 games this year and in one of the games he didn’t kick a goal he got 20 possessions.

He is a good player

On stringer.
Last 4 years
19 games - 41 goals
15 games - 25 goals
17 games - 21 goals
23 games - 45 goals

Career average of 2.66 tackles a game.

Take away the knob factor, bloke is durable, kicks goals, has a X factor that we are in need of.

I believe he has at least 2 years left of this type of output.

Mates with saad from what I’ve read. Read also that Stringer in person is actually a lovely guy.

If we had a crystal ball and we could look into the future and he was part of us getting the next flag would the ‘Carlton respects, or no dickheads policy’ crew still say no.

Worth a punt.

Bloke made mistakes, comes across like a dick ‘hello ginni, Zorko, papley, ect’ but not unworthy of a second chance.

May have missed something but what has he done wrong over the last 5+ years?

We are a strong club now with strong leadership, hard nut coach, trust them to set the standards.
What’s he done to get the hate? Why would Carlton respects initiative for recruiting Stringer?

Big difference between dickhead & scum bag.
Stringer firmly in the scum bag camp & given that the afl took it upon themselves to call out his & Hind for who they associate with it, shows he hasn’t got any smarter.
Special level of piece of shit to cheat on the mother of your two young kids (who you’ve been in 10yr relationship with) with a 17yr old school girl.
That’s only the tip of the iceberg - we don’t need that shit at the club.
* are shit, if there was any chance of a positive with him they would have signed him for 2 already
And you think the players at our club are all angels?

The story I was told about one of our players antics prior to his wedding and then how he threw an ex teammate under the bus to cover his arse, would have you standing with a pitchfork at Ikon Park

A 23 year old man cheated on his girlfriend 10 years ago, so what, 50% of marriages end in divorce, no one is perfect.

This is classic pearl clutching.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back