Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Eddie's value Pick 39, not Pick 34?

It might be, but we don't have anything lower than 39 so it isn't worth considering. 39 is the highest we can pay so again "If he is value at 39 then any argument against picking him up at that or any later pick is moot."

I do not even care if the rumour came via tram #55.. just anything at this point... please, anyone ?

I normally don't post rumours as I value the confidentiality of my source but have it on good authority that Sam McClure is going with Betts, Papley & Martin all at Carlton next year.

Take that as you will you know grain of salt type of stuff.

I am a few pages behind so apologies if this has already been said, but while I do want Eddie to come back he doesn't just magically gift us an extra 37 goals or whatever it was, he'd be replacing someone else in the side so even if we could just add his total onto the team score you'd also have to take out whatever the bloke he's replacing scored.

It might be, but we don't have anything lower than 39 so it isn't worth considering. 39 is the highest we can pay so again "If he is value at 39 then any argument against picking him up at that or any later pick is moot."

And once again, no it's not moot.

Because just because you've decided that Eddie Betts' likely output for 1-2 years is more valuable than a 40% chance at a decent player, or a 17% chance at a 100 game player, or whatever random yardstick you're measuring draftees against, that doesn't mean it is impossible or unrealistic to argue against paying more than market value for him.

No it's not moot, because you're now applying your own opinion on value to what cost is acceptable to pay.

The acceptable cost to pay is the lowest we can get away with.

Giving up Pick 39 for a player who can be had for Pick 80 is irresponsible list management.

Again cost is not value.

"No it's not moot" Yes it is, if it is established his value is pick 39 (or greater) then anyone trying to say I wouldn't give up pick X (higher than 39) for him isn't applying his correct value. ie once I have established something is worth $100 it is ridiculous to say you wouldn't pay $80 for it.

I am a few pages behind so apologies if this has already been said, but while I do want Eddie to come back he doesn't just magically gift us an extra 37 goals or whatever it was, he'd be replacing someone else in the side so even if we could just add his total onto the team score you'd also have to take out whatever the bloke he's replacing scored.
Yeah. i'd prefer a 23 year old Butler have a go at that spot first...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#BUMP

Personal attacks and cheap shots directed at posters are creeping back into this thread.

I am sure that none of you would want to lose your account or face a thread ban.

Play nice and remember Posting Rules & Site Rules apply across all threads.

ZERO TOLERANCE!

Carlton Board Posting Rules ...

Site Rules ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back