Bluemour Melting Pot XXI - Like seriously, the polar ice caps have got nothing on us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a different level, but I will always have a soft spot for Gibbs destroying Goodes at his peak....

I've seen one Carlton game live in the last 15 years... and that was it. Halfway through his second year, and he could have been anything. We fell 2 points short in the end - Michael O'Loughlin too good for Mark Austin, and it cost us - but it was a cracking game of footy.

You know what. That's also fine if we choose to learn from mistakes.

We're by no means in a bad place but it just could have been better and I fear more for disharmony amongst the key pillars, than for losing out on a player here or there. Just want our Head of Football, List Manager/s, CEO and Coach on the same page. This is much more important.

We've made mistakes. We learn and not make the same ones again. We may make new mistakes but so what?
Let's just not repeat what history has told us won't work.
Completely agree. However, with dramatic changes in recruitment selections, recruiters could always be open to criticism for flip-flopping and not backing previous recruiting rationale. But, whether we like it or not, accepting and learning from errors does play a major part in our improvement as does a willingness to listen to other ideas. I would be amazed if our recruiting personnel have blinkers on and are not continually looking for ways to improve their success rate.

Would take gold coast’s picks 15 and 20 in exchange for ours. We need greater depth

Nope. The draft falls away badly past the top 12 or 13 picks or so (so I have read) Also as a matter of principle, I don't want us to trade with the Suns again (least until Tony Cockroach is gone as chairman)

Would take gold coast’s picks 15 and 20 in exchange for ours. We need greater depth
I'm sure it was one of our itk posters who suggested that we wouldn't be against trading pick 9 if the players we were targeting had already been selected.

If the trade picks suited us, and we were assured of picking up Martin as a dfa, it could end up being a 'win' for all parties.

Ok so Andrew is better than pitonett atm but we didn’t need him as much as * because still have cas and possibly TDK as back until TDK takes over in a year or two.

The other part is that Phillips ain’t getting any better. He is what he is (an average backup). Can kick the tyres on a different prospect.

ok Suns, Pick 9 + our future first for 15 and your future first.

Actually a straight swap might be very bloody tempting. Having three first rounders, one a really good one, to trade when Papley and Wines etc want to come might be the go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For SOS to turn the entire playing list over with the talent it has now in 4 years is nothing short of amazing
Spot on.
Not sure how much more he could have done without overpaying for guys like Papley and Shiel

Luke Power is now our development coach, so I am very optimistic that area of our list management and nurturing will vastly improve
He, Russell and Teague make a pretty good team I reckon

You know what. That's also fine if we choose to learn from mistakes.

We're by no means in a bad place but it just could have been better and I fear more for disharmony amongst the key pillars, than for losing out on a player here or there. Just want our Head of Football, List Manager/s, CEO and Coach on the same page. This is much more important.

We've made mistakes. We learn and not make the same ones again. We may make new mistakes but so what?
Let's just not repeat what history has told us won't work.
The best recruiter in the AFL is widely agreed to be Stephen Wells by many/all in the industry. Last I heard his strike rate was circa 55% for above X games (apologies can’t remember). I won’t do a comparison. The point is this isn’t a science (yet). List managers and recruiters make mistakes (actually that’s an unfair term, they don’t nail every pick). What SOS has done will go down in Carlton history as a time that restored this great club.

ok Suns, Pick 9 + our future first for 15 and your future first.

Actually a straight swap might be very bloody tempting. Having three first rounders, one a really good one, to trade when Papley and Wines etc want to come might be the go.

Id give them 9, but only for picks next year and the agreement that they delist Jack Martin for effing around last week.

I’d swap 9 and 43 for 15,20 and a Martin delist.

Is the AFL Pushing for this?

I get the feeling something super makey uppey is going on.

Is the AFL Pushing for this?

I get the feeling something super makey uppey is going on.
I have no idea. But GC are out there publicly flogging the picks. 15 and 20 won’t get them anything above us. Anything below us probably isn’t worth doing for them. They were obviously very keen for 9 on trade day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back