Bluemour Melting Pot XXI - Like seriously, the polar ice caps have got nothing on us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joints melting … team hasn't come on … still a bottom feeder ..

Some campaigners are pissed at the help Non Vic clubs get ...

Our late picks are rubbish circa Hughes days ….

SOS is cooked ...

In fighting in the SLT (Senior Leadership team)

Dunno how is your day going chiller chicky!??!? :)
Tell me about the in fighting ... wtf is that all about

Is there anyway we could swap 9 and 43 for 15 and 20. Then somehow turn 15 and 20 plus our future picks into two future first rd picks. Would leave us with 3 first rd picks next year.
Maybe Something like 20 and our future 3rd or 2nd to North for Melbourne future first
And 15 + our future 2nd or 3rd for like Adelaide's first

Is there anyway we could swap 9 and 43 for 15 and 20. Then somehow turn 15 and 20 plus our future picks into two future first rd picks. Would leave us with 3 first rd picks next year.
Maybe Something like 20 and our future 3rd or 2nd to North for Melbourne future first
And 15 + our future 2nd or 3rd for like Adelaide's first

We don't really need picks right now ....

Anyone know why * may have traded our Andrew Phillips rather than pitonett?
Largely because Phillips will offer direct competition for their no.1 ruck, whereas Pitonett hasn't proven anything at AFL level (good, bad or otherwise) so there's more certainty as to what he'll provide the Bombers.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Of course we can still trade picks during the draft - just ask Stocker, who is almost the forgotten man. First round pick who could become an important part of our midfield once he gets his fitness levels up under Jacky Russell.

Either way, draft picks are important to us now imo....we went after Papley and Martin this year where Liddle openly stated that this would be a trade rather than draft year. We missed out on both during the trade period, so a top 10 draft pick becomes important to bring in more young talent.

We still have our full house of draft picks in 2020, so could go back to the trade table to get a Paps and/or Wines....and have a talented kid we have already brought in through this year's draft. Lists were never built in one year.

Ideally, this year we bring in Betts and Pitto for **** all through trades, Martin and Newnes through psd/dfa...and a Kemp and Riccardi/Sokol through the draft.
In 2020, we jag Papley and/or Wines.

Happy days

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Largely because Phillips will offer direct competition for their no.1 ruck, whereas Pitonett hasn't proven anything at AFL level (good, bad or otherwise) so there's more certainty as to what he'll provide the Bombers.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Will he? As bullish as I was about Phillips in his 1st season at our club, I've seen very little since to suggest that he was ever going to be anything more than a 'break glass in case of fire' option at AFL level. His tap work at times is good, but he is limited in footy smarts which results in him ending up in no man's land more often than not.

I haven't seen enough of Pittonet to do a direct comparison with Phillips, but his output at VFL level, as per his standings in the Box Hill B&F & JJ Liston Trophy, would suggest he has more runs on the board at VFL level than Phillips.

Don't really care that GCS didn't want to trade Martin. Hope we get him though. But in saying that, id trade 9 and our 2020 2nd for their 15, 20 and their 2020 pick 11.

Really keen for us to have 2x1sts next year

I don't mind your suggestion however wouldn't be offering our 2020 2nd...

9 for their 15, 20 and 2020 pick 11. Oh and they have to delist martin so we can pick him up earlier rather than later.

I don't mind your suggestion however wouldn't be offering our 2020 2nd...

9 for their 15, 20 and 2020 pick 11. Oh and they have to delist martin so we can pick him up earlier rather than later.

So you’re saying we should give up the equivalent of 1469 points and in return get 3353 points. That’s a great deal - in facts it’s a steal. Let’s do it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm saying GCS can either bend over or GAGF :)

Yeah I’m guessing another club will give them a better deal - Picks 15 and 20 together is the equivalent of Pick 4 in terms of points. The talent may drop off after pick 10 so there will be a discount but someone with Picks 5-8 will bite. Maybe Freo with Pick 7.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Of course we can still trade picks during the draft - just ask Stocker, who is almost the forgotten man. First round pick who could become an important part of our midfield once he gets his fitness levels up under Jacky Russell.

Either way, draft picks are important to us now imo....we went after Papley and Martin this year where Liddle openly stated that this would be a trade rather than draft year. We missed out on both during the trade period, so a top 10 draft pick becomes important to bring in more young talent.

We still have our full house of draft picks in 2020, so could go back to the trade table to get a Paps and/or Wines....and have a talented kid we have already brought in through this year's draft. Lists were never built in one year.

Ideally, this year we bring in Betts and Pitto for **** all through trades, Martin and Newnes through psd/dfa...and a Kemp and Riccardi/Sokol through the draft.
In 2020, we jag Papley and/or Wines.

Happy days
Not sure if it’s just you, but I’ve seen Ricardis name mentioned a few times, isn’t he a key forward or is he a backman? Where do you see him fitting in with us? I don’t see much need for talls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back