Bluemour Melting Pot XXI - Like seriously, the polar ice caps have got nothing on us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon the Saints did to him what Bolts did to Gibbons. Saw a player who could "finish" and chucked him in the forward line. Kicks more goals from the midfield though, and is best utilised on a wing where his running and smart positioning can get him involved in transition play.

We're going to have some serious running power next year.

Walsh, Curnow(s), Murphy, O'Brien, Martin, Newnes, Marchbank, Gibbons.

A lot of blokes who cover a heap of territory.
Top paragraph is spot on. Dale Thomas replacement as a wing/HB.

Hold on...
Betts & Pittonet for not much
Martin, Newnes & ??? for free is not too shabby of a trading period!

But ****ing SaCk him anyways ….

But ******* SaCk him anyways ….
I think there will be a few that would be swayed, when all said and done with this trading/ drafting period. A lot hinges on Martin for free of course :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newnes is worth nothing. We are paying nothing. Fair enough.

I'd probably have him on the list over DeLuca.

If he is in our senior team next year, then there are some bad signs for the players who aren't.

Hope he has a solid year for the NB's and his experience helps them be a consistent footy team and helps transform them from being a place where developing and depth players go to basically die.

Hold on...
Betts & Pittonet for not much
Martin, Newnes & ??? for free is not too shabby of a trading period!
Agree with you not shabby at all, in fact after the dust settle some negative critics may even be lauding the additions. Newnes may show same good form of a few years ago, obviously attracted to us a little by Playfair and fresh environment is always positive, at very worst he’ll be a great support to youngsters development in the NB.

Newnes is a solid footballer. Very happy to add him as a DFA. Has been squeezed out at St Kilda but at 27 and with his durability he should have plenty of footy left in him.

Some are disappointed with our trade period, but adding Martin, Newnes, Betts and Pittonet for Phillips and a shuffle of 3rd and 4th round picks would be an outstanding result for the footy club.

Newnes played pretty much every match from his 2nd season, including about 120 in a row. He was dropped late this year and has fallen out of favour.

From a Saints mate "Very handy player. Clean skills but impact on game dropped over the past two years".

My understanding is that he is very outside, is a neat winger. Was being played a bit more as high HFF last couple of years.

He's not a player you build your team around, but good enough to get games if used properly (wing/HBF).

With the Saints bringing in a heap of players - especially an elite winger in Hill - Newnes finds himself surplus to needs. Saints probably see Newnes as an easy way to shed say $400K from the salary cap without a major impact.

I think he is a decent footballer and will get games. Newnes could be the new Newman.
WELL HELLO!

Newnes is so average. There's a reason he got delisted.

4.5 turnovers a game and he only averages 18 touches. So 1 in 4 touches is a turnover.

Edit. Just to add, at 27 if he got delisted from a team with a weaker midfield than ours, what does it say about us if he plays round 1.

Last edited:

4.5 turnovers a game and he only averages 18 touches. So 1 in 4 touches is a turnover.

Edit. Just to add, at 27 if he got delisted from a team with a weaker midfield than ours, what does it say about us if he plays round 1.

Yep - beware the delisted player. When was the last good one we got ??? (although they are a free hit).

I'd read a bit on the Saints board last week and from I could gather he is very much on a downward curve performance wise and a bit of a whipping boy.

we're not making him captain coach...……….

G’day Baggers what’s happening
Sitting in a hospital bed waiting to see if the anaesthetist gives the go ahead for the surgeon to pin some bones in my knuckle, steal some vestigial ligament in my wrist to repkace the damaged stuff in my finger and put a large number of stitches in the flap that I used to call my ring finger on my right hand.
Apart from that, I’m fairly drugged up, hungry and bored.

Sitting in a hospital bed waiting to see if the anaesthetist gives the go ahead for the surgeon to pin some bones in my knuckle, steal some vestigial ligament in my wrist to repkace the damaged stuff in my finger and put a large number of stitches in the flap that I used to call my ring finger on my right hand.
Apart from that, I’m fairly drugged up, hungry and bored.

Only a flesh wound then..

He was played out of position?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back