Bluemour Melting Pot XXI - Like seriously, the polar ice caps have got nothing on us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newnes is so average. There's a reason he got delisted.

4.5 turnovers a game and he only averages 18 touches. So 1 in 4 touches is a turnover.

Edit. Just to add, at 27 if he got delisted from a team with a weaker midfield than ours, what does it say about us if he plays round 1.
Think it says St Kilda is a shambles.

Newnes adds durability, reliability and more hardness. I feel he has been played out of position in the last 18 months and would suit us around the stoppages

He also allows for our younger players to develop naturally rather than being played out of position like Dow

Agree with you on everything except hardness, Newnes is very much an outside player despite a solid frame.

So potentially our offseason could end up.

Betts, Pittonet, Martin and Newnes
For
Phillips and Future 4th

And we keep pick 9

Thanks SOS 👍
Pick 9 is unlikely to help us too much for 3-4 years though. We needed to use it for a trade that fills a gap in our current list. Eddie will be good for this and maybe next year. Martin good if it happens. Pitonett and newnes we’ll see. Not terribly exciting atm....time will tell.

Newnes is worth nothing. We are paying nothing. Fair enough.

I'd probably have him on the list over DeLuca.

If he is in our senior team next year, then there are some bad signs for the players who aren't.

Hope he has a solid year for the NB's and his experience helps them be a consistent footy team and helps transform them from being a place where developing and depth players go to basically die.

**** the NB. You dont run your recruiting to satisfy Josh fraser

Last edited by a moderator:
Pick 9 is unlikely to help us too much for 3-4 years though. We needed to use it for a trade that fills a gap in our current list. Eddie will be good for this and maybe next year. Martin good if it happens. Pitonett and newnes we’ll see. Not terribly exciting atm....time will tell.

Not sure we will keep it, but if we do there is no reason why a top 10 pick can't have a significant immediate impact at senior level. That's pretty common these days.

Sitting in a hospital bed waiting to see if the anaesthetist gives the go ahead for the surgeon to pin some bones in my knuckle, steal some vestigial ligament in my wrist to repkace the damaged stuff in my finger and put a large number of stitches in the flap that I used to call my ring finger on my right hand.
Apart from that, I’m fairly drugged up, hungry and bored.
How did you sprain the ligaments in your knuckle and wrist. Just curious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newnes is so average. There's a reason he got delisted.

4.5 turnovers a game and he only averages 18 touches. So 1 in 4 touches is a turnover.

Edit. Just to add, at 27 if he got delisted from a team with a weaker midfield than ours, what does it say about us if he plays round 1.
Didn’t he decline a contract offer from the saints? Thought I read that somewhere.

I
Best 22ish for now. Good honest foot soldier
In my best 22 of a similar type/size to Newnes, I have - Simmo, SPS, Walsh, Curnow, Setters, Fisher, Cuners, Crippa, Murph, Gibbons, Martin, J Silvagni, Docherty.

Players like Dow, Willo, LOB, Kennedy, Newman on the cusp and interchangeable with many of the above.

How does Newnes make our best 22?

His numbers may suggest he is an outside player, but can find it in traffic if he is allow the scope, even through his junior years

I went down to RSEA park and watched the Saints in preseason last summer. Newnes played on ball for their intra club and dominated the game. I actually didn't recognise him until someone told me who it was. Great pick up Arrow. I think he's been played out of position and could really add to our depth around the footy for sure.

His numbers may suggest he is an outside player, but can find it in traffic if he is allow the scope, even through his junior years

Maybe back in 2011, but 9 years and 150 senior games later, I don't think we will be seeing him play a role too different to what he has become accustomed to at senior level.

Sitting in a hospital bed waiting to see if the anaesthetist gives the go ahead for the surgeon to pin some bones in my knuckle, steal some vestigial ligament in my wrist to repkace the damaged stuff in my finger and put a large number of stitches in the flap that I used to call my ring finger on my right hand.
Apart from that, I’m fairly drugged up, hungry and bored.
wtf happened?

Tore in the knuckle, wrist is fine, the one in the wrist is vestigial, it will replace the one in my finger.
Workplace accident....
that's awful to hear, thoughts are with you - what a painful, scary shit of a thing to happen!

Maybe back in 2011, but 9 years and 150 senior games later, I don't think we will be seeing him play a role too different to what he has become accustomed to at senior level.

There are many players that have been released late in their careers, Newnes does have versatility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back