Bluemour Melting Pot XXI - Like seriously, the polar ice caps have got nothing on us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you underestimate Gibbo.
It's funny. This board has been all over Gibbo from the very start. He should've bern dropped every week according to the weekly game thread. And I was one of the only posters to support him against all the negativity.

I rate him, always have. I just rate Newnes higher.

Last edited:

View attachment 769851
The AFL app.

That's embarrassing alright....

Keep defending the saints whipping boy everyone, we'll see what happens this time next year.

Edit. Wish him all the best btw (especially if we pick him up).

Well in that case, I retract my comment. Curious as to where the data comes from and how they define a turnover vs. a clanger. I'd have thought the clanger stat would typically be higher given it's supposed to incorporate frees against as well.

Edit: looked into a few other players' "turnover" numbers for comparisons sake. Whitfield, Gaff and Hill all have a ratio of around 5:1 (disposals to turnovers). Newnes 4:1 doesn't seem unreasonable if we're comparing it to the best outside mids in the comp.

Last edited:
So at this stage we got Newnes, Betts and Pittonet. If we pick up Martin how many picks will be use in draft? Are there any other DFA or Mature aged we are looking at to fill all 6 spots? Or do you think we will keep 1 or 2 as backup?? I just feel there are so many dfas available that we would be silly to not consider.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's funny. This board has been all over Gibbo from the very start. He should've bern dropped every week according to the weekly game thread. And I was one of the only posters to support him against all the negativity.

I rate him, always have. I just rate Newnes higher.

Gibbo got better as the season went on, and flourished under Teague.

Based on 2019, gibbons is the better player

Gibbo is a little terrier that will fight and scrap for every possession....players like that are liquid gold.

And apart from that he was the best midfielder at state league level for a number of years by a country mile....he won two JJ's in three years, and the only reason he didn't win a third in 3 years was because his coach rested him!!!

ffs...the guy is a naturally gifted footballer...any possibility of giving him a chance?? If we'd drafted him through the ND, people would be singing his praises what a great late pick. He missed one game this year through injury, and we got ****ing flogged!!!

Gibbo is a little terrier that will fight and scrap for every possession....players like that are liquid gold.

And apart from that he was the best midfielder at state league level for a number of years by a country mile....he won two JJ's in three years, and the only reason he didn't win a third in 3 years was because his coach rested him!!!

ffs...the guy is a naturally gifted footballer...any possibility of giving him a chance?? If we'd drafted him through the ND, people would be singing his praises what a great late pick. He missed one game this year through injury, and we got ****ing flogged!!!
Totally agree. Looking forward to seeing what he can do after a full preseason with us. Was just getting better each week, especially after Teaguetrain took over. Play him as a mid. Murphy getting older, I can see Gibbo taking over his role eventually. Just a really smart footballer.

Totally agree. Looking forward to seeing what he can do after a full preseason with us. Was just getting better each week, especially after Teaguetrain took over. Play him as a mid. Murphy getting older, I can see Gibbo taking over his role eventually. Just a really smart footballer.
And Murph forward to kick more of those sneaky goals we all so love!

Only thing is gibbo is pretty short so rover or pocket would be the only positions you could play him. Great pickup though and will get better for sure.

How many DFA's and mature aged players are we allowed to draft? I like Newnes, Robertson (BRIS), Sam Murray COLL), any others?

So at this stage we got Newnes, Betts and Pittonet. If we pick up Martin how many picks will be use in draft? Are there any other DFA or Mature aged we are looking at to fill all 6 spots? Or do you think we will keep 1 or 2 as backup?? I just feel there are so many dfas available that we would be silly to not consider.

We have 34 on the senior list & 3 on the rookie list. Add both Martin and Newnes and that brings it up to a 37/3 split.

We currently hold picks 9, 43, 57, 70 and 85 in the draft.

Squads are generally either 38/6, 39/5 or 40/4.

38/6 - Martin, Newnes, 9, 43, 3 rookie picks
39/5 - Martin, Newnes, 9, 43, 57, 2 rookie picks
40/4 - Martin, Newnes, 9, 43, 57, 70, 1 rookie pick

If we land Newnes I don't think we'll look at any other DFA's but it looks certain to me that we'll be active traders again on draft night.

We have 34 on the senior list & 3 on the rookie list. Add both Martin and Newnes and that brings it up to a 37/3 split.

We currently hold picks 9, 43, 57, 70 and 85 in the draft.

Squads are generally either 38/6, 39/5 or 40/4.

38/6 - Martin, Newnes, 9, 43, 3 rookie picks
39/5 - Martin, Newnes, 9, 43, 57, 2 rookie picks
40/4 - Martin, Newnes, 9, 43, 57, 70, 1 rookie pick

If we land Newnes I don't think we'll look at any other DFA's but it looks certain to me that we'll be active traders again on draft night.
Just think if we looked at Keays and Robertson (Bris) that would help with depth. When do we get a choice at mature aged? Thanks champ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back