Bluemour Melting Pot XXI - Like seriously, the polar ice caps have got nothing on us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TC - "Hey Gill"
GM - "WTF have you done cockers?"
TC - "Yeah I know, we screwed up the Martin trade"
GM - "You've made a complete ball sack of yourself, the club and the process"
TC - "I thought I had the green light to beat my chest a bit"
GM - "You thought wrong you turnip"
TC - "Got an idea that will get us out of this and save some face"
GM - "Oh here we go go, do tell"
TC - "So, lets arrange a pick swap with SOS......"
GM - "SOS! Don't mention his name, haven't you learnt anything?"
TC - "But....."
GM - "BUT NOTHING, you screwed him over on trade day, then the media went after him, then BF went loco, you hear the rumours, do you know what you have done? I heard he coming after all of us, you remember what he did in the 95 finals? Do YOU. 1 ******* goal between White, Carey and Ablett. Who the fu** does that?"
TC - "Oh dear"
GM - "Oh dear alright, now you want to go back all grovelling like and try and facilitate a trade and you want me to bend the rules to help you save face"
TC - "Kind of"
GM - "Hmmm. Given the amount of ******* money I've fed into your club it seems like I'm going to have too hey Cockers"
TC - "Ill pay ya back Gill"
GM - "Too right you will"

GM - "Now reach around and give me a little tickle"

Nah.

Easier for Gil to dig up an obscure reason to ban Carlton from the PSD.

Tore in the knuckle, wrist is fine, the one in the wrist is vestigial, it will replace the one in my finger.
Workplace accident....
Yeah it can be a bit risky when working/driving etc and reading BF...I assume it’s not the finger you usually use to tap the keys on your device. Get well soon.

So probably two top ten picks for pick one..I wouldn’t. I would back our recruitment team to get two elite players with those picks. For example would we trade McKay and Curnow for Walsh. I would like us to get a handshake on Martin but at what cost after all that’s happened.

Agreed, but if next years’ draft is so compromised, and our pick gets knocked way down the back end of the first round, it could be worthwhile. Anyway, won’t happen.

I

In my best 22 of a similar type/size to Newnes, I have - Simmo, SPS, Walsh, Curnow, Setters, Fisher, Cuners, Crippa, Murph, Gibbons, Martin, J Silvagni, Docherty.

Players like Dow, Willo, LOB, Kennedy, Newman on the cusp and interchangeable with many of the above.

How does Newnes make our best 22?

22ish...

Lots of versatility in the players you listed. Many of them are not like for like with Newnes though.

He is depth but will probably play more than half our games next year.

wtf happened?
Masonry drill got stuck, hand kept going, tight space, sharp metal edge in the tight space.
Just a one in a million, stuff I do every day, wasn’t rushing, was aware, lucid etc.
Just bum luck.
Now can we get Martin for nothing and picks for free......I want my.....

Think we need to get better at determining what the motivating factor is for some of these free agents/prime targets.

Seems we missed the mark with Shiel because we thought rolling out the red carpet would convince him to choose us, when he placed more value in having an honest conversation with some of the senior players about where they saw the team being at. Maybe he/they got it wrong, but we clearly didn't strike the right cord with him.

Coniglio, if he is to be believed, was never leaving GWS but just "doing his due diligence" and, most likely, padding out his contract offer from the Giants. That's something, if we'd been on to, would have saved us a heap of time, effort and fan angst.

It's a limited snapshot, but it's something we should learn from. What is Grundy's motivator? Money, security, success, culture, post-career opps? Work it which one makes him tick and find the best way to sell us as the best destination for that aim. If it's money, maybe a shorter, but more heavily front-loaded contract will do the job. Security, maybe it's a 6 year deal with triggers for an extra 2, but on a lower total salary. Success, he needs to see the strategies that have been put in place and he needs to meet with some of our other top end players who can convince him they'll win flags together. Maybe he's an arrogant w***er and the jet will actually impress him. You all get the idea.

Completely agree.

My first rule of selling = “identify the need”

Pick 9 is unlikely to help us too much for 3-4 years though. We needed to use it for a trade that fills a gap in our current list. Eddie will be good for this and maybe next year. Martin good if it happens. Pitonett and newnes we’ll see. Not terribly exciting atm....time will tell.

Can’t use the pick on something that is not out there or not availability.

Nobody that was traded this year was worth using pick 9 on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sitting in a hospital bed waiting to see if the anaesthetist gives the go ahead for the surgeon to pin some bones in my knuckle, steal some vestigial ligament in my wrist to repkace the damaged stuff in my finger and put a large number of stitches in the flap that I used to call my ring finger on my right hand.
Apart from that, I’m fairly drugged up, hungry and bored.
Wtf CC...sounds horribly painful good luck with it all

Newnes is so average. There's a reason he got delisted.

4.5 turnovers a game and he only averages 18 touches. So 1 in 4 touches is a turnover.

Edit. Just to add, at 27 if he got delisted from a team with a weaker midfield than ours, what does it say about us if he plays round 1.

Saints offered him a 2 year deal, he turned it down.

Might want to do some research before you start dribbling.

A few people have espoused the "rolling out the red carpet" rubbish for shiel. I am extremely confident that the actuality was that he (mistakenly) saw * as ready to challenge and closer to a flag than us after a 2 win season.
Its en error that he will have plenty of time to think about.

I’m sure he’ll enjoy discussing that “ready to challenge” concept with J Daniher............

I went down to RSEA park and watched the Saints in preseason last summer.

Dude. Like seriously!?! I don't even think Alan Richardson bothered to watch that....

... Actually that might explain a few things...

Masonry drill got stuck, hand kept going, tight space, sharp metal edge in the tight space.
Just a one in a million, stuff I do every day, wasn’t rushing, was aware, lucid etc.
Just bum luck.
Now can we get Martin for nothing and picks for free......I want my.....
Oh boy that’s terrible chels, hope your recovery works out

Butler would have been a good get though imo. Just because he couldn’t crack tiggies forward line doesn’t really mean he is an average player. They just have too many of these types.

Not trying to be a smart arse but it’s difficult to determine if Butler would a good get when we don’t know his contract demands.

2 years x $250K - worth a punt.

4 years x $500K - GTFO

Not trying to be a smart arse but it’s difficult to determine if Butler would a good get when we don’t know his contract demands.

2 years x $250K - worth a punt.

4 years x $500K - GTFO
He’s only ~23 so what’s wrong with 4 years? $500k per year is about the most you’d wanna pay though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back