Bluemour Season Blast Off Edition XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
VFL games need to be added into these figures.

Then take away 5 games short in 2020, add 11 games for this year. Etc.
I did think of the VFL one (IIRC, Cuningham played a block of games before his promotion to dominate Essendon) but didn't remember the Covid limitations.

If offered 8-3 before the season I don't think there's a Carlton fan alive that wouldn't snatch at it.

Even 7-4 would've been amazing.

But 8-3 and being a kick and/or a free kick away from 9-2?

Unthinkable before the year
What were we thinking when Walsh had syndesmosis surgery on the eve of the season and Chalrie seemed to get a knock to his knee in that preseason game?

We have had so much fun.

Oscar has played one full game for us in 33.

Of his 5 "games" for us, 1 was a full game in round 1 this year, 2 were as the unused sub in rounds 2 and 3 last year, 1 he came on at half time against the Tigers (round 1 last year), and then round 2 this year he was subbed out at half time - injured.

The bloke is a walking disaster as far as injury goes. I am astonished at how high highly he is thought of on here. Yes, he is tall and we lack talls, but he absolutely should be the first to go of those mentioned IMO.
So another year or two for Omac?

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Spray paint the chasis
Clean the engine
Polish the wheels
Dow is worth pick 20!!!!
And hope like hell the buyer doesn't realise Dow doesn't have a reverse gear!

If we can get a future 2nd from north we should take it and run. Prob have to give back a future 4th.

Would be trying for Ben McKay though but doubt they would entertain a trade for him.

Dow + our 2nd for ben mckay. I do it for a ready made key defender

Ben McKay please.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Dow continues to not improve his defensive liabilities to a respectable level by the end of this year, then he unfortunately opens up the very realistic prospect of the club possibly trading him in for a required player of need…
atm
“I’m torn…Natalie Imbruglia”

I reckon Ed will retire and Setterfield moved on.

Think Dow stays for depth since we are contending, unless we get a good offer and can turn him into something good like how SPS became Young.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys. They're not giving us their best KPD for our 6th or 7th best mid. Just stop.

All this tallk about Ben Mckay and Sam De Koning...they are literally young guns and the only gun key defenders in their respective sides and both contracted.

Literally no chance of getting them regardless.

It would be similar to Weitering leaving us.

All we need is to target someone lacking opportunity like Young, who will come cheap.

Ben McKay a gun?
Talk about over hyped....

He's the cheapest imaginable injury cover. If our club thinks they can get him fit, he has a history of availability that is the best of the 4 I mentioned.

Who 'rates him highly', exactly?
He has provided adequate injury cover in 3% of his games with us - covering the loss of Jones in round 1 this year. It doesn't matter how cheap he is if he is never available.

Back stress injuries later in a career (i.e. not youthful stress reactions like Cripps had) are highly unlikely to suddenly come good for an extended period.

Anyone rating him more than a failed trade-in and a delist at the end of the year is thinking too highly of him IMO. It was worth a shot, but we need to cut our losses with some of these blokes that can't get on the park. The other 3 you mentioned (Gov, Marchy, Cunners) all potentially add to our best side. Oscar does not and was only brought in as a back-up.

Guys. They're not giving us their best KPD for our 6th or 7th best mid. Just stop.

Some things change...
Some stay the same...

I'll have to pull out my 'get Bontempelli' posts if they keep going 😀

Dow is a quality, contracted player, still maybe 3 years from reaching his peak, BOG every week in the VFL. Absolutely uncomparable in value to Samo's plodding last couple of season's with Carlton.
Worth at least pick 30 and would have better options than Nth. Melbourne to choose from.

One of the best? Sure.

BOG? Seldom.

Hayes was better in pretty much every match when they both played - over the 4 quarters....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back